PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rockies Game Used at Coors Field - 2013 Season

xpress34
04-14-2013, 11:59 PM
All -

Based on the fact that I'm not sure how many games I will attend this season (I am NOT a Season Ticket Holder) and the fact that a few individuals last year kind of soured me on using my time and resources only to be stuck with items (I have since moved them), I am currently unable to commit to looking for any specific items for anyone at Rockies games this season.

For the record - and since they are the ones I get the most requests to look for, Helton, Cargo and Tulo are almost always already sold before I get to the booth and if they aren't, their items range as follows:

Helton:

Jersey - $750.00 +
Bat - $400.00 +
Hat - $150.00 +
Batting Helmet - $200.00 +

Tulo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +
Batting Helmet - $150.00 +

Cargo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +

I will be at every Sunday Home Game this year, but I will not get to the GU Stand (it is a 'free standing' kiosk, so there is NO Phone to it) until after the game is under way as my Sundays are Autograph days that I spend working on obtaining signatures for my collection.

IF anyone writes me (and I already have at least 5 PM requests for Tulo stuff) asking me to check for stuff for them, if you don't send a phone number along with an eMail address, don't expect to hear back from me.

IF I have time when I am at a game, and IF they have an item you are looking for, I will call you, put you on the phone with the GU booth so you can give them your Credit Card number to make the purchase. If you don't answer, I will leave a message and call the next person on my list for that player. First one to answer that has payment, gets the item.

Then, you need to send me a mailing address and you will need to send me payment to cover the shipping and handling and whatever fee we agree to for my time.

If you don't like the above, then please do not write asking me for me to 'cover it for you'. That's what soured me on this from last year.

Also, out of respect for Aaron, please do not ask me for his Cell Phone, eMail, etc. He has asked me not to publish that info and considering I have known him for close to 20 years, please do not expect me to change my stance on this.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here so I can share my answers with everyone who may follow this thread.

All the best -

Smitty

Clemson2004
04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Nice to see you helping out other collectors, and I agree with your terms. I used to do the same thing for Clemson items and I would sometimes get burned on an item. In the long run I am glad it happened on some items as they became part of my collection, but others it just sucked trying to move them. Good luck to you this season.

xpress34
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Nice to see you helping out other collectors, and I agree with your terms. I used to do the same thing for Clemson items and I would sometimes get burned on an item. In the long run I am glad it happened on some items as they became part of my collection, but others it just sucked trying to move them. Good luck to you this season.

Clemson -

Thanks for the vote of confidence/solidarity.

A few guys were awesome to do stuff for, but others acted more like they were doing me a favor letting me be a gopher for them. That and a few non pays is what soured me on doing it again.

People need to understand - just like getting autographs - it isn't a guaranteed things and there is a LOT of time and effort put into it.

Good luck to you as well this season!

- Smitty

solarlottry
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I think your terms are extremely reasonable. Forum members who had asked you to acquire GU Rookies items and then did not pay are way out of line. You do not have to help any of our fellow forum members out and by doing so you make the forum a better place.

Paul

cdeck22
04-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I am interested in some game used Tulo items if you can email me my email is

tripledecker2@yahoo.com

onlyalbert
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Smutty you are going above and beyond IMO. Anyone that would burn you should be called out and flogged!

xpress34
04-30-2013, 06:04 PM
This is a General Statement for all who are looking for Rockies items this year.

As I stated earlier I will not and cannot guarantee that I will look for any specific item due to many factors:

Items I got stuck with last year
I am going to fewer games this year
GU Booth is NOT my 1st priority at games
I cannot ‘front’ anyone for an item – if you want me to contact you if I see something you are looking for, I need a PHONE #, not an eMail address. I will try to call so you can give your CC # to the Game Used booth. If I can’t reach you, I will not be able to just hang around waiting for your call

I am posting this because I've gotten a lot of PMs - again with JUST eMail addresses, some that don't accept PMs back the other way, etc.

If you are looking for Rockies items, refer to my statements above and contact me HERE, NOT in PMs.

Please understand that I will help if and when I can, but it is NOT my main reason for going to games.

All the best –

Smitty

rchimes13@yahoo.com
07-04-2013, 02:09 PM
All -

Based on the fact that I'm not sure how many games I will attend this season (I am NOT a Season Ticket Holder) and the fact that a few individuals last year kind of soured me on using my time and resources only to be stuck with items (I have since moved them), I am currently unable to commit to looking for any specific items for anyone at Rockies games this season.

For the record - and since they are the ones I get the most requests to look for, Helton, Cargo and Tulo are almost always already sold before I get to the booth and if they aren't, their items range as follows:

Helton:

Jersey - $750.00 +
Bat - $400.00 +
Hat - $150.00 +

Tulo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +

Cargo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +

I will be at every Sunday Home Game this year, but I will not get to the GU Stand (it is a 'free standing' kiosk, so there is NO Phone to it) until after the game is under way as my Sundays are Autograph days that I spend working on obtaining signatures for my collection.

IF anyone writes me (and I already have at least 5 PM requests for Tulo stuff) asking me to check for stuff for them, if you don't send a phone number along with an eMail address, don't expect to hear back from me.

IF I have time when I am at a game, and IF they have an item you are looking for, I will call you, put you on the phone with the GU booth so you can give them your Credit Card number to make the purchase. If you don't answer, I will leave a message and call the next person on my list for that player. First one to answer that has payment, gets the item.

Then, you need to send me a mailing address and you will need to send me payment to cover the shipping and handling and whatever fee we agree to for my time.

If you don't like the above, then please do not write asking me for me to 'cover it for you'. That's what soured me on this from last year.

Also, out of respect for Aaron, please do not ask me for his Cell Phone, eMail, etc. He has asked me not to publish that info and considering I have known him for close to 20 years, please do not expect me to change my stance on this.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here so I can share my answers with everyone who may follow this thread.

All the best -

Smitty

Smitty,
Just shot u a PM
THANKS

sox83cubs84
07-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Smutty you are going above and beyond IMO. Anyone that would burn you should be called out and flogged!

"Smutty"???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave Miedema

bradjacobson82
11-06-2013, 08:16 PM
This is very interesting. I spoke to Aaron many times at the Rockies. I have purchased quite a few things from him directly. I asked about you specifically Smitty and i have to be honest he acted like you and him didn't know eachother well at all. In fact he mentioned that you claim you worked together at a Rockies store. he told me this wasn't true.

I just wonder why you continue to spread this drivle...He also did not seem very concerned about spreading his contact info either. He is in it to make money, not make finding this stuff difficult.

All -

Helton:

Jersey - $750.00 +
Bat - $400.00 +
Hat - $150.00 +
Tulo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +
Cargo:

Jersey - $600.00 +
Bat - $300.00 +
Hat - $100.00 +

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
11-08-2013, 01:07 AM
This is very interesting. I spoke to Aaron many times at the Rockies. I have purchased quite a few things from him directly. I asked about you specifically Smitty and i have to be honest he acted like you and him didn't know eachother well at all. In fact he mentioned that you claim you worked together at a Rockies store. he told me this wasn't true.

I just wonder why you continue to spread this drivle...He also did not seem very concerned about spreading his contact info either. He is in it to make money, not make finding this stuff difficult.

Brad -

I have NEVER claimed to have worked at any Rockies store. I did work for Rawlings when we had a booth at Coors Field from 2003 to 2007.

I have known Aaron since he was a sales clerk under Paula at the ORIGINAL Rockies Dug-Out Store on 17th and Lawrence and then as Manager of the now defunct Boulder Dug Out Store on 28th and Folsom.

I really doubt that Aaron told you that I claimed that we worked together and I'm not sure what your point or angle is here.

You can contact Lengthwise on the forum who can verify my story and my contact with Aaron as well.

Not sure where you got the idea that I ever said Aaron makes it difficult to find stuff. I know he's in it for the money - well, at least the Rockies are - it's just his job to make sure.

You can believe me or not, but be assured I will contact Aaron and ask who you are and see if he wants to verify your 'story'.

Have a great day whoever you are.

xpress34
11-08-2013, 01:46 AM
EDIT: The previous post should read '17th and Sherman', NOT 17th and Lawrence.

xpress34
11-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Brad (and anyone else who cares) -

This is the eMail I just sent to Aaron:

Aaron -

Chris Smith here (in case you don't recognize this eMail address).

As I have told you the past two seasons since you guys started the Game Used Booth, I get lots of requests from people on Game Used Universe and other sites for Rockies stuff.

Also, per your request, I have kept your contact info off the board so you aren't inundated with calls and eMails.

When I got home tonight, I had a new post on a thread I started at the beginning of this season where I told people I could no longer try and get stuff for them unless they are on the phone and willing to give CC info directly to you (like my friend Joe from NYC on the Giambi jerseys) or your crew.

That said, I was taken aback from kind of an attack post that was on my thread:

Default Re: Colorado Rockies Game Used at Coors Field - 2013 Season

Do you know this Brad Jacobson (720-219-8550) person?

Have I said that I know you? Absolutely. As you know, I've known you since you worked for Paula at the 'original' Dug Out Store on 17th and Sherman.

He also says that YOU said that I claimed we worked together at a Rockies Store and that you told him this wasn't true. I wrote and told him that I have NEVER claimed to have worked at a Rockies Store, much less work with you - only that I have known you for 20 years and that I did formerly work for Rawlings at Coors Field from 2003 - 2007.

As you can see, he made a couple of other statements as well.

I would like your feedback on this because it is in print on a site where I have a very good reputation and it's slanderous and libel.

If you did indeed say these things to him, then I will have to seriously consider whether I will ever spend another dime at Rockies Authentics as I am very upset over this whole issue.

If you did tell him (or made it appear) that you aren't concerned about having your contact info spread, I will be glad to get it out there for you.

Please address this as soon as possible so we can move forward.

I will await your eMail.

Respectfully -

Christopher R Smith
'Smitty'

xpress34
11-08-2013, 01:58 AM
1st - my apologies to the members for the multiple posts in a row.

2nd - to Brad -

So, I will wait to see how Aaron responds. Either he will lose a very good customer - along with many of my friends - or he will show your comments to be less than true (or at a minimum - misconstrued).

I wonder (being that you have a whopping 2 posts to this point) if this wasn't a play to try and drive people to your Rockies Game Used thread (which I will not link here)...

As I said earlier, I'm not sure what your point/angle was but if it was to somehow soil my reputation on a public board - even though I have no idea who the hell you are - I will certainly not just sit back and take it.

I will post again once I hear back from Aaron.

- Smitty

xpress34
11-08-2013, 10:54 AM
All -

Aaron did write me back this morning and the eMail is below. Out of respect for Aaron I have redacted a few lines that are not pertinent to this issue, but the others are verbatim:
__________________________________________________ _______________

Chris,

Thanks for the note.

I only met Brad Jacobson once, in April. He seemed a nice guy and even brought his newborn in when he bought some Opening Day locker tags. I have not heard from him since.

I do not remember all the conversation. He was asking about GUU and guys who say they know me, I told him to be wary cause no one is really that close with me. I don't think misspoke there because I try to keep a distance with all our customers. There are a lot of collectors out there and it is good policy for me to be cautious about seeming to be too close to anyone, whether it's you or Brad Jacobson. I never said you worked for the Rockies, that I am sure. If I said something else taken as derogatory I do not remember.

So he is overstating his connections with me as he claims you have with me.

I appreciate your business and he is correct that I treat this as a business but I try to do it the right way. We price fairly and treat people with respect. I believe the dealings we have had the whole season reflect that.

This kind of stuff is part I dislike the most about entering the collectible field. It is why I didn't want to be named on the site to start with. It is naive, I know, but I just want to have fun and sell some cool memories that people enjoy.

I don't know if you know him so I don't know how much this should concern you. You aren't going to please everyone. I am in no position to tell you how to react but my name is in this know so I am involved. I suggest the high road. It usually ends these things quicker. Either ignore it, especially if you do not know him, or simply responds that you are comfortable in the connection you have with me.

The last line is ironic because I just had a conversation with another GUU guy you may know, Dan Plettnar. He asked again if I did not want my info out there and I said yes but I did allow him to post the Authentics@rockies.com email. You may have seen that but that is a result of me not wanting my own info on the site.

Please let me know your thoughts and hopefully, as you correctly stated, we can move forward.

As Aaron suggested, I am comfortable in the connection I have with him, so I will leave it at that.

For those who might wonder why I am upset about Brad's post, it goes to what I told Aaron in my response to his eMail this morning:

"I think his comment about 'Why do I keep spouting this drivel?' (in reference to my repeated statements that you did not wish to have your information made public knowledge when I have been asked) is what concerns me the most, as it paints me personally (directly or indirectly) as a liar. And as I have said many times on GUU, to people out back at Coors Field, even at the GU booth, in this hobby, the only thing you have is your reputation and when it gets tarnished (either by your own actions or those of another), it is very hard to get it back."

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read all of this.

- Smitty

dplettn
11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't personally know either of the people involved in this thread.

I can attest that the person who runs Colorado's game used store presents as a sincere guy who cares about our hobby and its many benefits. His actions have been consistent with the highest standards and there is no reason to take issue with his preference to keep his name and personal contact info off our board. His role and a business e-mail address are on our board, for which all our community should be grateful. The Rockies' rep shares the highest professional standards with those who are runnng the most admirable Authentics merchandising programs in MLB. He is a pleasure to do business with and portrays the Rockies and MLB quite favorably IMHO.

An idea I'd like to share with any or all upstanding individuals who are party to this thread...

Show class and integrity in your choices to take the high road and drop it from here. I once called out a member (with cause) on our forum. However justified and well-intentioned I was, I looked silly in the process. So, be wiser than I was. At minimum, don't put the professional who doesn't want his name here, here. No reason for him (or a variation of my own) to get googled within the midst of the argument.

xpress34
11-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't personally know either of the people involved in this thread.

I can attest that the person who runs Colorado's game used store presents as a sincere guy who cares about our hobby and its many benefits. His actions have been consistent with the highest standards and there is no reason to take issue with his preference to keep his name and personal contact info off our board. His role and a business e-mail address are on our board, for which all our community should be grateful. The Rockies' rep shares the highest professional standards with those who are runnng the most admirable Authentics merchandising programs in MLB. He is a pleasure to do business with and portrays the Rockies and MLB quite favorably IMHO.

An idea I'd like to share with any or all upstanding individuals who are party to this thread...

Show class and integrity in your choices to take the high road and drop it from here. I once called out a member (with cause) on our forum. However justified and well-intentioned I was, I looked silly in the process. So, be wiser than I was. At minimum, don't put the professional who doesn't want his name here, here. No reason for him (or a variation of my own) to get googled within the midst of the argument.

Dan -

I want to apologize to you personally as I meant no ill will when sharing what Aaron wrote back to me.

I only left that line in to validate what I had mentioned earlier that the Rockies Rep did NOT want his information shared on-line.

When they started the GU booth 2 years ago, his personal info was the only way to reach them. The 'authentics' email address wasn't up and running until this season.

I hope you will accept this in the manner in which it is offered and we can move on.

My apologies to the rest of the board, as I thought this thread had died a long time ago before the post yesterday that opened up this whole issue.

All the best -

Smitty

bradjacobson82
11-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow. In no way do i mean to belittle, slander or otherwise. I simply find it amazing that there is this aura of exclusivity regarding Colorado Rockies memorabilia. An aura that you help to perpetuate. That is all.

For all of those who you have helped... You are marvelous. For all of those that you have led to believe that you are the only connection to Colorado Rockies games used memorabilia...thats another story.

Happy collecting!!

bradjacobson82
11-11-2013, 04:16 PM
All -

Aaron did write me back this morning and the eMail is below. Out of respect for Aaron I have redacted a few lines that are not pertinent to this issue, but the others are verbatim:

Chris,

Thanks for the note.

I only met Brad Jacobson once, in April. He seemed a nice guy and even brought his newborn in when he bought some Opening Day locker tags. I have not heard from him since.

I do not remember all the conversation. He was asking about GUU and guys who say they know me, I told him to be wary cause no one is really that close with me. I don't think misspoke there because I try to keep a distance with all our customers. There are a lot of collectors out there and it is good policy for me to be cautious about seeming to be too close to anyone, whether it's you or Brad Jacobson. I never said you worked for the Rockies, that I am sure. If I said something else taken as derogatory I do not remember.

So he is overstating his connections with me as he claims you have with me.

I appreciate your business and he is correct that I treat this as a business but I try to do it the right way. We price fairly and treat people with respect. I believe the dealings we have had the whole season reflect that.

This kind of stuff is part I dislike the most about entering the collectible field. It is why I didn't want to be named on the site to start with. It is naive, I know, but I just want to have fun and sell some cool memories that people enjoy.

I don't know if you know him so I don't know how much this should concern you. You aren't going to please everyone. I am in no position to tell you how to react but my name is in this know so I am involved. I suggest the high road. It usually ends these things quicker. Either ignore it, especially if you do not know him, or simply responds that you are comfortable in the connection you have with me.

The last line is ironic because I just had a conversation with another GUU guy you may know, Dan Plettnar. He asked again if I did not want my info out there and I said yes but I did allow him to post the Authentics@rockies.com email. You may have seen that but that is a result of me not wanting my own info on the site.

Please let me know your thoughts and hopefully, as you correctly stated, we can move forward.

As Aaron suggested, I am comfortable in the connection I have with him, so I will leave it at that.

For those who might wonder why I am upset about Brad's post, it goes to what I told Aaron in my response to his eMail this morning:

"I think his comment about 'Why do I keep spouting this drivel?' (in reference to my repeated statements that you did not wish to have your information made public knowledge when I have been asked) is what concerns me the most, as it paints me personally (directly or indirectly) as a liar. And as I have said many times on GUU, to people out back at Coors Field, even at the GU booth, in this hobby, the only thing you have is your reputation and when it gets tarnished (either by your own actions or those of another), it is very hard to get it back."

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read all of this.

- Smitty

Okay - Smitty has done some great things for alot of people on here. I appreciate it as I'm sure many of you do. I will admit fault for this entire string. I really should have just sent my concern to Smitty so that it could have been clarified that way. I feel terrible if a reputation has been slandered. I hope you will keep your opinions about smitty to your interactions with him and will disregard my post that to say the least was not very well thought out and to say the most was rude.

bradjacobson82
11-11-2013, 04:26 PM
All i was referring to was the authentics email. I do apologize again. I jumped the gun thinking you were withholding that from the group, when clearly you were not and were just following Aaron's directions... Again, for those who are thinking of viewing smitty in any other way than you did two weeks ago... this is a result of my overzealousness and not being fully informed about the situation prior to posting.

xpress34
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
All i was referring to was the authentics email. I do apologize again. I jumped the gun thinking you were withholding that from the group, when clearly you were not and were just following Aaron's directions... Again, for those who are thinking of viewing smitty in any other way than you did two weeks ago... this is a result of my overzealousness and not being fully informed about the situation prior to posting.

Brad -

Thank you for being man enough to come on here and clear that up.

As you can tell, I was a little taken back by your original post and it is obvious through your multiple posts here that you see where I was coming from and that I was in no way trying to be the only contact with the Rockies.

In fact, I am glad there are more Rockies people on here now, because for years I have gotten eMails about Rockies items and such and I do not always have time to deal with them.

Let's move forward from here and if there is an issue, let's talk it out first.

All the best -

Smitty

bradjacobson82
11-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Agreed. Thanks for what you do Smitty. I was too quick to post about something that I was not fully informed on. Moving on now...

Brad