PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on White Sox 1972 Spring Training Uniforms?

chisox1967
04-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I realize the White Sox used a knit, no name on back, large # on back, and number on chest during the regular 1972 season.... But, what type/style Spring Training uniform did they use in '72 ?

I recently ran across a Home knit red pinstripe with a name on back plate; Chicago White Sox Property tag in collar, and no # on chest... It's a cool looking uniform. There isn't a year tag on the jersey. It's a Medalist Sand Knit by McGregor.

Was thinking this could have been used during Spring Training in 1972...

??? Thanks for any response that might shed a little light...

both-teams-played-hard
04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I realize the White Sox used a knit, no name on back, large # on back, and number on chest during the regular 1972 season.... But, what type/style Spring Training uniform did they use in '72 ?

I recently ran across a Home knit red pinstripe with a name on back plate; Chicago White Sox Property tag in collar, and no # on chest... It's a cool looking uniform. There isn't a year tag on the jersey. It's a Medalist Sand Knit by McGregor.

Was thinking this could have been used during Spring Training in 1972...

??? Thanks for any response that might shed a little light...
MacGregor wasn't associated with Sand-Knit 'til 1985.
Never heard of a White Sox property tag.

I bet they wore recycled flannels in Spring "72. Don't know for sure. Your jersey sounds like a retail item. an you post a photo?

chisox1967
04-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Here are a couple pics (little dark & fuzzy pic...uniform is actually white, but you can see tags; in collar & on pants waistband). Maybe this was an oldtimers' game uniform ?

(as the pants, red belt & socks are complete).

There is a name on the back (plate n.o.b.) ('72 era player).

Thank you for help....

chisox1967@yahoo.com

commando
04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
That is mid-1980s tagging, and of course the Sox were not wearing red pinstripes during those years. Like you said, possibly and Old-Timers Game uniform.

karamaxjoe
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Bob,

Never seen one of those before.

From what I can find on the internet, the Sox hosted an old timers game in August of 1986. It sounds like a good assumption that this is an old timers game uniform. What's the name on back? Let me guess - Horlen or Peters?;)

chisox1967
04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the responses... I'm about 75% believing it's an old timers' uni...
Wish I could find some pics of mid to late '80's events at Comiskey.

As Mike (Karamax Joe) says, there was an '86 event (but, I thought they wore the early '80's jerseys for that year....not sure...can't find any pics.)

Thanks again for the replies. Hey Mike...wish I had the 67 Causey back. LOL.
Peters wasn't with the Sox during the red pinstripe years. :rolleyes:

chisox1967@yahoo.com

Bob