Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clemson2004
    • Jan 2013

The Pros vs. NCAA

I have seen a few threads and thoughts on this, but I was just wondering, who here collects just NCAA, or just professional? Do you collect both? If so which one are you more passionate about? Do you collect a certain player, team, or Div/Conference? I mainly collect NCAA football, specifically Clemson and Georgia Southern (soon to be in the Sun Belt) and do not have a specific player that I collect, but like to focus on record holders, etc.
  • beaglegypsy003
    • Mar 2010

Re: The Pros vs. NCAA

I collect football jerseys of any player connected with the University of Hawaii. My collection includes UH, NFL, USFL, WLAF, Arena, CFL, etc. I really don't have a preference if it is college or pro.

Comment

• coxfan
      • Feb 2009

With college baseball being really big at the U of South Carolina, I've suggested they auction g-u baseball stuff. But the idea's being ignored, except for two dugout lineup cards from 2011, which each brought around $300. But ball-hawking's really picked up here since the Gamecocks won the 2010-11 College World Series, finished #2 in 2012, and set NCAA records for most consecutive NCAA Tournament wins (22) and consecutive College World Series wins (12). I have the impression they give a lot of postseason balls, etc. to players and staff. The bottom line is that they're
      missing out on a big potential market until they loosen up.

That being so, I collect MLB-authenticated items bought directly from the clubs.

Comment

• ousooner_85
        • Aug 2012

I collect Oklahoma Sooner items both college and pro, mainly football but dabble in basketball and baseball as well. I generally prefer the college gear but won't turn down a good buy on a players pro gamer.

Comment

• halzeus
          • Apr 2008

I pretty much only collect University of Michigan items. My wife and I both graduated from Michigan. I am trying to collect each style worn during the regular season, not bowl jerseys.

I prefer linemen numbers.

my collection: www.mywolverines.com

Comment

• agg111
            • Jun 2012

Texas A&M game used memorabilia. Also some pro jerseys and helmets of former Aggies.

Comment

• gaytorhater703
              • Jan 2010

LSU game used items. Geaux Tigers
              WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• michaellechner
                • Feb 2013

I collect Georgia Bulldogs game used.

If I had the opportunity to pick up some NFL jerseys from notable alumni, I would probably do so.

Comment

• cyclonenation
                  • Nov 2008

I collect Iowa State gear. Mostly college gear but I do have a Jeff Hornacek pro gamer.

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
                    • Jun 2011

Baseball is pretty much professional. I wouldn't count out buying a college jersey, but I would need to know who wore it.

Hockey is both, although I prefer college.

I don't have much football, but I would probably stick with Michigan stuff (as long as I know who wore it).

Comment

• AGMGR95
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by agg111
                      Texas A&M game used memorabilia. Also some pro jerseys and helmets of former Aggies.
                      I collect Team Issued Texas A&M Football helmets as well...

Comment

Working...