PDA

View Full Version : Riddell Kra-Lite Helmets

misteremu
04-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I just picked up today at a flea market a University of Michigan Riddell Kra-Lite helmet lamp. Lamp works, is in great shape, but does not have a shade. Any idea on it's value?

halzeus
04-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't have any idea of it's value, but it is a cool piece. Pleas send me an email if you decide on a price, I am interested.

dan_oles at hotmail dot.com

commando
04-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Very nice helmet.... Are the yellow graphics a decal/sticker? I believe back then the actual team helmet graphics were hand-painted with a stencil. Just curious to know if Michigan decals existed back then.

I don't recall seeing a Michigan lamp like this before.... A nice find for sure.

halzeus
04-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Very nice helmet.... Are the yellow graphics a decal/sticker? I believe back then the actual team helmet graphics were hand-painted with a stencil. Just curious to know if Michigan decals existed back then.

I don't recall seeing a Michigan lamp like this before.... A nice find for sure.

Michigan helmets are still painted. They have not gone the decal route, yet.

A quick ebay search showed Kra-Lite helmets going from about $130 to $286. I am definitely interested if it's for sale.

misteremu
04-21-2013, 10:15 AM
The helmet is painted, they are not decals. The original leather jaw pads are in place as well. I will post if I decide to sell it....I am a Eastern Michigan fan (I have an old "Huron" helmet lamp shown in one of the pictures) but I couldn't pass the Michigan helmet when I saw it.

halzeus
04-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I live in Utah, but am in the Detroit area until Monday afternoon. I would love to buy the lamp. Maybe we could meet ip. Ease email me dan_oles@hotmail.com

misteremu
05-20-2013, 07:00 AM
The helmet lamp is sold, thanks for the interest.

cohibasmoker
05-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi - Is this the helmet lamp that was on eBay? If it is, good for you - it sold for a nice price.

Jim

misteremu
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
No, this is a different helmet lamp.