PDA

View Full Version : Fair price to pay for HI-RES photomatched photo...

marino13
04-21-2013, 11:19 AM
... what would be a fair price, in your opinion?

I got connected with a "stadium" photographer - both as Yankee stadium and Citifield.

I always wanted to get game used items photomatched if possible - but have never pay for the service.

Moving forward, I know I am going to pick up more than enough Yankees stuff, so I might as well take advantage of the services and so forth.

I just wanted to know, what would be the fair price to pay for those "money shot" - they will be in hi-res and can be enlarged as needed?

Fdean
04-21-2013, 12:48 PM
PM me your email address..

toddhead
04-22-2013, 06:16 AM
If you are looking to buy a high res image then you are going to pay a lot. I would be shocked if it wasn't in the triple figures. A photographer selling a high res image is like selling the digital negative in a sense. Also, if it is of a professional athlete then I am sure that comes with a premium.

As an FYI, I am a stock photographer and I do sell my images online, so I do have some experience in the area. My highest resolution images of just everyday things sell for $50-$100 per use.

marino13
04-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Most of the images I am trying to get will be 8x10 or 11x14 at most.

These will be hi-res image - closed up shot of the bat and its markings, jersey and its dirts, or maybe glove and its stitching.

And since I am going to get pictures already printed, I dont know if I am going to be charged anything else but a one time thing.

I saw a couple sample pictures from the Nats versus the Mets - from last night game. Most of the pictures were so closed, I can count and match the grains on D. Wright's bat, a couple Nats broken bats, and a catching glove of Kurt Suzuki with his name on the glove but a name of a coach as well. That was an awesome picture.