PDA

View Full Version : Ian Desmond 2009 Minor League Jersey

toddhead
04-24-2013, 07:33 AM
In your opinion, what would you consider to be a fair market price for this jersey? Am I crazy in thinking that $1500 is too much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IAN-DESMOND-BASEBALL-JERSEY-GAME-WORN-2009-ROOKIE-STAR-/370399669467

trsent
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
$250 - $500 would seem to fit. I'd personally prefer a jersey like this signed by the player with maybe a "Game Used" inscription.

rdeversole
04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
I think anything above the $400 range would be a mistake.

ahuff
04-30-2013, 07:57 AM
I have been into collecting minor league stuff for many years now. It is my personal belief that the GU Minor League baseball market is extremely soft...right now. I would think the lower of that range and perhaps even lower is likely. I see that there is also an Ian Desmond minor league jersey currently listed for $125 and has not sold on prior listings (Harrisburg Senators/but the listing lacks enough information to make a wise purchase). The listing linked in this discussion does have a good thing going for it in that the player's name is stitched on the back and it has a photo of him in a similar style jersey. The down side is that by that year many teams had discovered that there was a great demand and I've heard of a few teams where they had extra jerseys made up of certain players so that they could make some $$$$. I'm not sure about this team, though. Not only that, but many teams charged (or it was necessary to spend) serious $$$ to purchase these jerseys. Many sellers may not be willing to negotiate unless they really need the cash. For comparison, there are Mat Latos minor league jerseys currently listed as well...they have been listed for quite some time with no one purchasing. I think they are currently listed for $299 and $450. Both of them also have photos available on the internet of him wearing them. I think it will really come down to how many Ian Desmond collectors there are and their willingness to cough up the cash.

toddhead
04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Thank you for the great response.

I have inquired about the other Desmond jersey numerous times, but the seller will not supply a picture of the jersey for some reason. Also, the number 23 was worn by a different player for a large majority of the season, so it may not have been Desmond's jersey at all. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could just see the picture to do some research.

Enyouartist
05-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I have Ian Desmond game cleats and a gameused bat if interested. Enyouartist@yahoo.com

toddhead
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I have Ian Desmond game cleats and a gameused bat if interested. Enyouartist@yahoo.com

E-mail sent!