PDA

View Full Version : 2013 stars and stripes hats

jake33
04-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Yuck, looks like something sold at a gas station on a side road that has been sitting there for a good 4-5 years on the rack.
Not sure why every year they have to make these more ridiculous every season.

I still like the 2009 all red hats the best. 2010 was nasty with the ice cream man style white hats. 2010 was ok with the white front panel, 2011 triggered the camo era and looks like it is continuing.

I assume colored camo that is close to team colors will start to come in the coming years

emst51
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I definatly agree I loved the 2009 Stars and Stripes hats. I also liked last years Memorial Day hats. I got a game used Tommy Hanson one and I really love it the Camo in the A is a nice suttle change. The 2013 Stars and Stripe hats are horrible, the idea just doesn't work.

HawaiiSportsNut
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I am not a fan of the camo design, however I will still need to buy one for my collection.

Insomniac186
04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Supposedly there will also caps that will be similar to the previous years. Does anyone find it ironic that the patriotic caps are made in China as opposed to made in the USA like the normal on-field caps?

xpress34
04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
As I just posted on FaceBook about these...

'My friends know I'm a Veteran and about as Patriotic as they come, but these hats are disgusting...' (excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth)

mbenga28
04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I find it more disturbing when these patriotic themed hats are made in another country.

toddhead
04-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Just as an FYI... that is MARPAT, the Marine Corps Camo design.

MLB~NUT
04-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Looks like A S S!:eek:

jake33
04-26-2013, 06:37 AM
I used to take notice when a USA themed item was made outside of the country. But really it has almsot become America to shop around for the lowest price and hone in on it.

I work for a USA made national commodity product and know for certain that the forgein manufacturers get the bulk of the business in the country because it is a price driven home good, which is a cultural value that would be hard to change the masses on, soley based on price.

Howevr, I don't really feel less america by driving an Audi, even though that is not the lowest cost option available.

momen55
04-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Supposedly there will also caps that will be similar to the previous years. Does anyone find it ironic that the patriotic caps are made in China as opposed to made in the USA like the normal on-field caps?

not quite. i have some new era caps and upon checking the tag it says china.

frikativ54
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I used to take notice when a USA themed item was made outside of the country. But really it has almsot become America to shop around for the lowest price and hone in on it.

I work for a USA made national commodity product and know for certain that the forgein manufacturers get the bulk of the business in the country because it is a price driven home good, which is a cultural value that would be hard to change the masses on, soley based on price.

+1.

Insomniac186
05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
not quite. i have some new era caps and upon checking the tag it says china.

That's true. Almost all on-field caps are made in USA but there are a few that aren't including certain (but not all) special game caps. However, most minor league caps, all "custom" caps, and the patriotic game caps have all been made in China in recent years.

I just found out that there will be regular red, white, and blue caps also this season and they will be made in USA (first time since 2009).

TwinLakesPark
05-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I find it more disturbing when these patriotic themed hats are made in another country.

+1

murfsteve25
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
I really like these hats. This is the Marines camo pattern, and I think its a good fit to use an actual military pattern for the design.