PDA

View Full Version : Fake Berra glove (eBay)

bottomofthe9thonline
04-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Just a heads up, this guy is re-posting this glove as well as changing his story on how it was obtained. When the glove was originally posted I asked about how it was obtained and was told, "this glove was given to a close friend of Berra's and has to be sold for financial reasons. He never took a picture of him signing it or any of that simply because he never thought he would be selling it." Now he now claims in his listing it was obtained at auction but has no information on what auction or any paperwork to back up his claim. Looks to be nothing more then a store model glove that Yogi signed. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLB-NY-YANKEES-YOGI-BERRA-GAME-USED-1956-GLOVE-SIGNED-COA-/370804103404?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item5655a598ec

KGoldin
04-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Just a heads up, this guy is re-posting this glove as well as changing his story on how it was obtained. When the glove was originally posted I asked about how it was obtained and was told, "this glove was given to a close friend of Berra's and has to be sold for financial reasons. He never took a picture of him signing it or any of that simply because he never thought he would be selling it." Now he now claims in his listing it was obtained at auction but has no information on what auction or any paperwork to back up his claim. Looks to be nothing more then a store model glove that Yogi signed. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLB-NY-YANKEES-YOGI-BERRA-GAME-USED-1956-GLOVE-SIGNED-COA-/370804103404?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item5655a598ec

It IS a store model glove. The originals of these say 'autograph model' but if you look carefully at this one you will notice that has been worked out of the glove in an attempt to conceal it.
good catch

ChrisCavalier
04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
It IS a store model glove. The originals of these say 'autograph model' but if you look carefully at this one you will notice that has been worked out of the glove in an attempt to conceal it.
good catch
Please note I am not saying the person posting the glove on eBay is the one who did the doctoring but I sometimes wonder what the people who do forge this stuff tell people they do for a living. Do they say "I forge sports memorabilia and try to deceive others for profit"? That must make a person feel really good about themselves.

joelsabi
04-26-2013, 11:36 AM

signature model glove owned by a kids with initials O.T.