PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a game cut/issued jersey from nfl auctions and found it to show wear?

VERIS#60
04-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Hello fellow collectors, I was wondering if anyone has ever bought a game issued jersey from nfl auctions and noticed found it to be game worn? With as many jerseys as these teams have, it would be hard to keep track of what is truly worn vs game issued. This is evident in the Patriots website auctions as many of our members know. The jersey currently up for auction I am making reference to would be the Jets(Titans) 2009 throwback. This style most likely was only worn once or twice that year. Could it really be game worn since Dearth was only on the field for kicks? I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter! Thanks!
Bruce

NEFAN
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
If he wore it while on the field for kick-offs, then by definition it is game worn.

VERIS#60
05-01-2013, 11:38 PM
If he wore it while on the field for kick-offs, then by definition it is game worn.

Yes, if the jersey was on the field for kickoffs, then it is game used. My thought was it most likely didn't show use because of his lack of playing time. Therefore, the team felt it might be issued and not used. The jersey went for $180 and although collectible for the style, most likely worn. Thanks!