PDA

View Full Version : ideas on why eagles jersey was made this way?

philliephyl
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I picked up this cullen jenkins jersey from the eagles, in a area that said game issued/game used stuff. I don't think it was worn. But what I noticed afterwards was it didn't have the eagles logo on the arms. I looked up photos of him on line and didn't notice him wearing any jerseys without the logos. It also doesn't have the jock tag at the lower left. Was it a mistake that these were made without the logos? or do some guys wear jerseys without them? also it says 11-48 CJ in the neck tag. I haven't seen that abbreviation before. Usually it's something like S for skill. It's not for his name is it?

I took the photo's just with my iphone and they are to big to load. Anybody know any easier way for me to upload them?

NEFAN
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a blank jersey made to look like a jersey. I don't think the NFL would allow a faulty uniform on the field.

philliephyl
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
i figured out how to post the pics.

commando
05-10-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm taking a wild guess here, but it makes sense that the jersey was custom-made for Jenkins to TRY, and see if he liked the cut/fit. It would explain the unusual "CJ" tag in the collar, as well as no team emblems on the sleeves (since the jersey was not meant for on-field use).

You could also say the numbers are present because the sewn numbers do play a part in how the jersey feels.

Knowing the jersey came straight from the team, this theory seems the most logical to me.