PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Minor League jersey question

jwal23
05-09-2013, 11:02 AM
So I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to minor league jerseys...I spotted this Evan Longoria game used jersey on Ebay and it obviously peaked my interest with Longo being the center of my collection, but with no knowledge I'm afraid to pull the trigger and hope you guys could help me out...if it's legit then I'd love to add it to my ever-growing collection...

here is the link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAMPA-BAY-RAYS-VISALIA-OAKS-RAWLINGS-JERSEY-EVAN-LONGORIA-JERSEY-37-/190835406918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6ead3846

...I emailed the owner with questions about how he obtained it, tagging, wear, and all the usual questions...he replied...

"Hello. I obtained the Jersey from Evan Longoria in 2006 when he was called up from the Visalia Oaks to the Montgomery Biscuits. This is a game issued & game worn jersey that evan wore during his 28 games with the Visalia Oaks, a true one of a kind item! The Jersey does not show any signs of loose threads, rips, or tears. There is slight discoloration from top to bottom as is accustom to the mesh jerseys when wore in the vright sunlight & washing. (Barely noticable - Check out the actual photos of the Jersey) The tags are still on the jersey as you can see in the photos provided. I hope I have helped you out with some of your questions. Thanks for your time & interest. I really appreciate it.

thanks!

...thoughts?

eric16841
05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
did you try contacting the team? I deal with the astros minor league alot and they are very knowlegable about what to look for on jerseys.

jwal23
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
not yet I haven't but I will soon...I was able to find this link and I wish I would've known about this when they were originally sold, $125 for a Longo Minor League jersey straight from the team? umm yea I'd jump all over that...

...my only concerns are that this link says that they were sold and the seller says that he obtained it from Evan...

http://www.milb.com/gen/articles/fans_t516/y2006/m10/d09/c136916.jsp

jwal23
05-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Well I decided to take the risk (not like me at all, I usually won't buy unless it's got an mlb authentication and or a Mead Chasky holo) because I got a really good deal on it (if it turns out to truly be Longo's Oaks BP/alternate jersey), and after asking several questions about acquiring the jersey and checking a few things on my own, found out that the seller was a clubhouse attendant with the Rays organization for several years with a few of the minor league clubs and with the big club...He was with the Biscuits in '06 when Longo was called up from the Visalia Oaks...no luck whatsoever finding a photo match yet but like I said I took the risk and hopefully down the road somewhere i can figure out the true origins of the jersey...here's a few pics from my iphone...you cant see from the pictures here but there is also a rawlings logo on the left sleeve (exactly like the one in the picture of a link I provided above) that shows some signs of fading from several washes...