PDA

View Full Version : Need help authenticating these baseball trousers

bucanero1984
05-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Hello all, I am new to this awesome forum and have a question for you all. I came across these baseball trousers at an estate sale last year. I would like to know what your thoughts are on these trousers. They have the Wilson tag from around the late 30's and "Hartnett" stitched below it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

sox83cubs84
05-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Can't tell the year, but the player is Leo "Gabby" Hartnett, a legend with the Cubs and a Hall of Famer. You probably got a great price on these.

Dave Miedema

bucanero1984
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info Dave, any idea what they might be worth? I'm an Ebayer and was thinking of listing them as auction soon but not sure if I should set a reserve price on them. Anyways, thanks again.

sox83cubs84
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info Dave, any idea what they might be worth? I'm an Ebayer and was thinking of listing them as auction soon but not sure if I should set a reserve price on them. Anyways, thanks again.

That's an item better suited to a major auction house than the tirekickers on eBay.

Dave M.

yanks12025
05-21-2013, 03:45 PM

I'd be interested in buying them. Email me at boblee89@yahoo.com

Phil316
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
That's an item better suited to a major auction house than the tirekickers on eBay.

Dave M.

I agree but you have to be selective on the auction houses. I have found that some will only accept your item if it is authenticated. The cost of having the item authenticated might out weigh what it is worth.

bucanero1984
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Thank you all for your input. Thought I should also mention this undershirt and socks were found with the trousers. Not sure if they go together.