PDA

View Full Version : Lions 1969 Gamer?

cohibasmoker
05-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Saw this on eBay and wanted input from other members. I thought Lions jerseys from 1969 would have had sleeve numbers? And, either a NFL 50th patch and/or outline of the patch being removed. I emailed the Seller and he hasn't responded.

Another thing that caught my eye was the Sand-knit tags. I thought the Lions used a company in Detroit named "Griswold". The offered jersey has a Sand-knit tag from a company named W.O.W.O. in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Just some thoughts,

Jim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1969-Detroit-Lions-Game-Jersey-72-Dan-Goich-/121114333447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c32fa1107

G1X
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Saw this on eBay and wanted input from other members. I thought Lions jerseys from 1969 would have had sleeve numbers? And, either a NFL 50th patch and/or outline of the patch being removed. I emailed the Seller and he hasn't responded.

Another thing that caught my eye was the Sand-knit tags. I thought the Lions used a company in Detroit named "Griswold". The offered jersey has a Sand-knit tag from a company named W.O.W.O. in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Just some thoughts,

Jim

Jim,

For what it's worth, I agree with your assessment of all the issues you have questioned.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net