PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez photo match??

jon_8_us
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Well after a month or so on theorizing about this bat i have i think i may have found a photomatch for my Manny Ramirez LVS select maple 076.First things first what is "076"?Usually there are letters in a model #.Well as you can see in the pictures of the bat the main concern is the blacked out knob with 24 written in silver.I got the bat at a great price and it's rare so i figured what the heck even though this is a possible red flag.Well my theory is that this bat was used by others in BP or games then Manny decided to use it himself.The bat is absolutely POUNDED with deep seam impressions and numerous ball marks including 3-4 MLB logo's from the ball.Even though the bat has these marks over the whole barrell the heaviest of marks are right above the model# and signature which is where Manny hits the ball almost exclusively.Another thing is i believe that this model bat was issued in like 2002-03 and the pics i got are from 05?I have included pictures of what i think are bat(one match and one style match)from the same week in 05.Now i believe that any rose colored LVS that would have been issued to Manny in 05 would have been an M9 with the barrell logos(maple TPX and MLB logo) in some kind gold or shiny paint.This bat has them in black as does the style match picture.Please any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated.Lets hear it Bobby!Also if any one has pics of the June 10th 2005 Sox game against the Cubs or May 29th against the Yankees let me know.
jon

jon_8_us
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
The first getty pic is what i think is the bat because of the knob.If anyone can clear up the pic that would be helpful.Thanks
jon