PDA

View Full Version : Game used base question

joe27
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I recently picked up a game used 2010 Fathers day 3rd base. It is just authenticated to the game and not any certain innings and the base doesn't say anything either. Can I assume this was used the whole game? Hopefully somebody will be able to help me out with this.
Thanks

Trublubrucru
05-25-2013, 07:56 AM
You might want to try going to MLB authentication and looking up numbers before and after yours to see how many were authenticated. I have found them sequentially numbered if the team does them all at once.

coxfan
05-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt you can sure. Authenticators vary a lot from city to city and from person to person even in the same place. If the authenticator doesn't have a procedure to mark when a base comes out of play, he just may not mark it as anything other than used in that game even if it was used for only part of the game. One possibility would be for you to check the full number sequence for the hologram on your base. For example, if it ends in 367, check the numbers from 366 down and 368 up with the same prefixes. That will tell you everything that was authenticated from that game. If other bases were used for certain innings, then your base probably was used only for certain innings.

joe27
05-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the tips. Ill look it up when I get back to it and see what I can find out.