PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Buy From Authentic Sports Inc.....

kylehess10
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I am having a very big problem with ASI right now and I suggest not buying from them. I purchased a Cristian Guzman signed game worn hat not to long ago and after some time went by and I didn't recieve it, I e-mailed them with my concern especially since they usually send out via Priority Mail and I would've gotten it within 3 days. They never responded. Then I sent another e-mail and they didn't respond to that either. Then I found the same exact hat that I bought from them, relisted again! I e-mailed them yet again letting them know that I had already bought the hat and paid for it yet they still never responded. Is anybody else having problems with them right now?

Auction That I Won:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180045264903&rd=1&rd=1

Relisted Auction (After I Had Already Won & Paid For The Other Auction):
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRISTIAN-GUZMAN-SIGNED-GAME-USED-HAT-ASI_W0QQitemZ180050563566QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

skipcareyisfat
11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Have you tried calling them? Try 727-502-0040. On a side note, does anyone else find their return policy confusing?

Vintagedeputy
11-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I've been "out of it" before but I"ve never mistaken a silver paint pen for a black sharpie. Way to pay attention to detail!

Vintagedeputy
11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
just noticed also that the hat says "all star" and the text says "gamer"

Not to mention the Shannon Stewart COA for a Christian Guzman hat.

priceless

TNTtoys
11-15-2006, 04:50 PM
If you want to cite details, the LOA is for a Shannon Stewart hat, not a Christian Guzman..

kylehess10
11-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I know about the Stewart COA mistake. About 2 months ago, when ASI first listed this hat, they listed it the same exact time as they listed a Shannon Stewart game worn hat. The Stewart auction had a Guzman COA and the Guzman auction had a Stewart COA. Also the descriptions were both mixed

skipcareyisfat
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
ASI - The Name Means It's Really Confusing

kingjammy24
11-16-2006, 03:14 PM
kyle,

recently, brad wells was busy authenticating a pete rose retail jersey, 2006 non-steiner yankee jerseys, a 2005 jays jersey with no mlb hologram, and several "gamers" with the wash tags sewn incorrectly for historic auctions. now that he's done doing such a bang up job for them, hopefully he'll be able to turn his attentions back to your issues.

with such an eye for detail and keen knowledge of baseball items, ASI customers should be able to sleep soundly.

rudy.

kylehess10
11-17-2006, 09:46 AM
I called ASI and they told me they're going to call back on Monday :confused: :confused: :confused:

silverschmidts
11-17-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm also having big problems with ASI right now. Back in September I purchased a Joe Montana GU jersey after talking with Brad by phone and he neglected to mention that the tagging was Pro Line authentic (rather than Wilson Presitige). He also failed to mention that the jersey was smeared with glue on the shoulders. When the jersey arrived, it took me 5 seconds to realize that it wasn't a real gamer. I called Brad and he agreed to accept a return, but hasn't refunded the purchase yet. This was about 5-6 weeks ago! I've called two times in the last few days but they won't return my calls and continue to not issue the refund. Also, I purchased 6 autographed mini helmets from them when they had a one-day sale a couple of months ago. They charged me for the items but then never shipped them. Instead, I received an invoice with a notation saying that they were sold out of the mini helmets! So far, even though they never shipped the helmets, they haven't refunded the purchase. Again, I can't get Brad to respond to this problem. I don't know if he's deliberately trying to cheat me or just isn't competent or what, but obviously I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with them at this point. Their customer service is really awful and Brad has been less than candid in my discussions with him. In my view, this is just another example of a low quality merchant in an industry filled with questionable characters. It's just a shame, but for some reason, this industry is just overwhelmed by poor quality businessmen and/or people of low character. --Steve

hblakewolf
11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Silver-
Was the Montana sent via U.S. Mail?

If so, file a formal complaint with your local post office (mail fraud). You paid for an item, however, never received it or received a different item. It will take about 15 minutes, and they will open an official complaint/claim.

Likewise, send a copy to ASI and let them know you will be contacting the Attorney General in their state.

I had a similar situation with an Ebay seller, and thank goodness he sent my item via U.S. Mail. I was informed by our Postmaster General that the seller had commited Interstate Mail Fraud-a Felony. When I sent a copy of my paperwork to the seller, he immediately (within an hour) agreed to refund my entire purchase price via PayPal.

Good luck.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

silverschmidts
11-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes, I believe he did use USPS. If I have to pursue that path, I will. I will sue him for breach of contract, fraud, theft, etc. Hopefully, though, ASI will do the right thing and refund the purchase. It's just incredible to me that they have stiff armed me like this. Thanks for your help.
--Steve

rose14
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
It seems Brian needs someone to show up on his doorstep and give him a little motivation to refund peoples money. If that was my money I was out I would certainly do it. It wouldn't just be about the money but the the principal about the whole way he has handled the situation.

Todd

kingjammy24
11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
steve,

i think howard's idea regarding pursuing mail fraud charges is an excellent one. after already having waited 6 weeks, i'm not sure what you have to lose by pursuing it.

MAIL FRAUD - 18 U.S.C. 1341, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use the United States mail in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proven: First: That the person knowingly and willfully devised a scheme to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false pretenses, representations or promises; and Second: That the person used the United States Postal Service by mailing, or by causing to be mailed, some matter or thing for the purpose of executing the scheme to defraud.

here's a helpful link which includes a way to file online!:

https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm

rudy.

kylehess10
11-18-2006, 04:33 AM
ok I finally recieved the hat today. On the box it says that it was sent out on November 15th, which was the day I had left negative feedback and made this post.

chakes89
11-18-2006, 07:30 PM
do they have a website?

kylehess10
11-19-2006, 05:09 AM
do they have a website?

www.authenticsportsinc.com (http://www.authenticsportsinc.com)

silverschmidts
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
For those who were following my own ASI saga (and providing helpful advice), here's an update. Brad Wells called me yesterday and apologized profusely. He's sending the refund right away and after talking to his secretary today I was informed they are throwing an item as a courtesy. While very late to respond, I am satsified that they are at least trying to make things right. Moreover, his secretary, who apparently is new to the organization, is making an effort to improve their customer relations. I hope this will improve things for ASI. While I will not endorse their game used operations, I do think the company offers legit autographed products at decent prices. If their customer service can be shored up, I will consider continuing to do business with them (for autographed items). Thanks again to all who offered support. I wouldn't be surprised if the discussion on this forum caught Brad's attention and helped get my situation resolved favorably.
--Steve

Eric
11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the discussion on this forum caught Brad's attention and helped get my situation resolved favorably.
--Steve

That's great. If this is the case, perhaps Mr. Wells could read the threads on revealing his conflicts of interest in the items he's authenticating at auction which he has had a financial interest in.

Every one of my emails to Historic Auctions about this subject and specific items in their auction has been ignored.
Eric