PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory and Marucci bats

ChiBosox05
05-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Fellow bat collector here with a question. Can anyone tell me if Old Hickory and Marucci bats have identifying marks on them that helps determine if they were actually made for a specific player and not store model? Do they have similar markings like LV and Rawlings have on their knobs? Thanks. I have several game used bats but neither of the above named brands.

yankees506
05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
I know marucci bats that have "born on" dates on the knob where made for the player as store model bats will not have a date on the knob. I Have no idea about old hickory bats, hope this helps.

ChiBosox05
05-28-2013, 02:16 PM
That does help me out a lot. I know about Louisville and Rawlings, not too much about Marucci and OH. Thanks for the info.

AndersonAuthentics
05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Player ordered Old Hickory bats break down in their codes just above player name with 7 digits (first two digits represent year, second two digits represent month produced, last three represent batch number) followed by the player's initials and which number bat it was in that order. For the attached bat picture, that would show the bat was made in March 2012, batch number 120, and that specific bat was the tenth one in that batch.

Old Hickory sells player model bats to the public or for autograph signings and those will either be just the first 7 digits and no player initials/bat number OR they have the 7 digits plus a letter followed by player initials (using a Trout bat not used but ordered just for a signing on eBay as an example, 1211124P-MT). For bats issued to players, they must not have the letter after the first seven digits and there needs to be the number bat in the batch following player initials.

ChiBosox05
05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Cool. Thanks very much. That pretty much shows me what I need to look for in buying a game used bat for both of the above brands.

Christ0pher
05-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Player ordered Old Hickory bats break down in their codes just above player name with 7 digits (first two digits represent year, second two digits represent month produced, last three represent batch number) followed by the player's initials and which number bat it was in that order. For the attached bat picture, that would show the bat was made in March 2012, batch number 120, and that specific bat was the tenth one in that batch.

Old Hickory sells player model bats to the public or for autograph signings and those will either be just the first 7 digits and no player initials/bat number OR they have the 7 digits plus a letter followed by player initials (using a Trout bat not used but ordered just for a signing on eBay as an example, 1211124P-MT). For bats issued to players, they must not have the letter after the first seven digits and there needs to be the number bat in the batch following player initials.

Amazing post! Great insight. And here I thought those were just a bunch of numbers.

nevrdiez34
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM

Has this always been the case? I have a Derrek Lee 2008 game used Old Hickory bat with a LOA directly from the team and there is no code on the label. Nor have any other Derrek Lee bats I've seen from the same era. The label of my bat reads "34.5 PRO DL25" followed by "Derrek Lee" underneath.

Dach0sen0ne
05-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Has this always been the case? I have a Derrek Lee 2008 game used Old Hickory bat with a LOA directly from the team and there is no code on the label. Nor have any other Derrek Lee bats I've seen from the same era. The label of my bat reads "34.5 PRO DL25" followed by "Derrek Lee" underneath.

They should be on all bats from 2010 and up.

nevrdiez34
05-29-2013, 10:34 AM
They should be on all bats from 2010 and up.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification!

MercyMe78
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Trying not to hijack your thread.. but any markings for Max bats?

jwal23
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Andersonauthentics, I sent you a PM with a quick question

godwulf
07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Anyone know of a good, centralized source of information about all pro bat brands' markings? A player gave me an Rx Sports bat last night, and the dating info seems similar to Chandler's - in this case the two dates 0615 and 0707 - but no indication of year, which seems odd.

joelsabi
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Anyone know of a good, centralized source of information about all pro bat brands' markings? A player gave me an Rx Sports bat last night, and the dating info seems similar to Chandler's - in this case the two dates 0615 and 0707 - but no indication of year, which seems odd.

rx sports produce chandler bats. the first year 2011 has no year segment

subsequent years would look something like this 0630.0707.12 probably with a faster turnover rate.

godwulf
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
rx sports produce chandler bats. the first year 2011 has no year segment

subsequent years would look something like this 0630.0707.12 probably with a faster turnover rate.

Thanks, Joel. I'll check the bat again when I get home. I may have just missed the year notation.

I thought I remembered reading something about those two companies being linked, somehow. The line on the Rx bat begins with the same sort of cryptic little three-letter/number combination as on the Chandler bat.