PDA

View Full Version : Is This a real Dustin Pedroia Game Used Bat?!?!?PLEASE HELP

carbonrosa
05-28-2013, 12:01 PM
On ebay a guy is selling "possibly" a game used Dustin Pedroia Louisville Slugger M9 / Genuine M110 bat. Has Pedroia ever used a M110? I contacted him and he has little to no knowlege about the bat. There is no stamping on the knob. What's odd is the black circular smug in its place and I can't tell if it's hiding anything like a players number or a length stamp that would signify a store modle bat. Everything else game used about it looks very good. Please Help

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Game-Used-Dustin-Pedroia-Baseball-Bat-/00/s/MjM1WDE2MDA=/z/IeMAAOxyylVRi7Lo/$T2eC16V,!zcE9s4g3MFHBRi7LopN4g~~60_57.JPG

ChiBosox05
05-28-2013, 02:33 PM
I couldn't tell you if Pedroia ever used that model. What I can tell you is that it's odd that you can't see any knob markings. I have a game used LS M9 that has a birthdate along with size/weight stamped on the knob...even with tape around the knob you can still read it. I did check out that bat on ebay and even zoomed in on it...I just couldn't see any markings.

spartakid
05-28-2013, 06:49 PM
That circle is very likely covering up something, I would steer clear. There almost looks to be a 6 or 9 under there, but I can't say for sure.

yanks12025
05-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm guessing used by another player. And it wouldn't have the stampings on the knob if it was pre 2009.

ChiBosox05
05-28-2013, 11:44 PM
You're right yanks. Pre-09 doesn't have the knob markings. I did however check out game used bats from Pedroia and the one on ebay lacks some of the characteristics. It's quite possibly a bat used by another player.

carbonrosa
05-28-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm going to stay clear. He emailed me back stating that it came from a personal collection who got it from someone who works at Fenway. He has no idea if it is a real Pedroia used bat and I found that Pedroia started out with a C243 then used the S318 for 3 years. At the beginning of 2009, he used an R161 which has a thicker handle, but ended up going back to an S318. No mention of ever using a M110. Someone on the Red Sox used it but from what I found out not Pedroia which makes no sense to me. Why make an M110 and stamp his name on it if he's never going to use it. I bet he ordered a few, didn't like it and gave it to someone else on the team to use.