PDA

View Full Version : 0503B2 code = fake?

kingjammy24
11-15-2006, 07:14 PM
it's occured to me that all of the majestic wash tags that i've seen sewn incorrectly (ie: on TOP of the seam, rather than inside it), have "0503B2" printed on the tag. these tags are seen on jerseys from several different teams.

yet when i examine tags sewn correctly (eg: INSIDE the seam), from several different teams, the code printed on the tag is always different and is never "0503B2".

can anyone show me a legitimately sewn "0503B2" tag OR show me an incorrectly sewn tag that does not have "0503B2" on it?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2652/codesev5.jpg

rudy.

Birdbats
11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Once again, great work by Rudy!

I've never seen the 0503B2 code in any of the Cardinals jerseys I've owned. I currently have eight Majestic home or road jerseys (at least one from each season beginning in 2003) and have sold at least four others. None of the jerseys I own have any code under the 0062, including my 2006 jersey. And none are stitched on top of the seam. That's just my experience. How about everyone else?

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

MVP
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
The Oswalt in Historic Auctions also has the 0062 -0503B2 tag sewn on top of the seam.

Does anyone feel comfortable bidding on anything from this auction house?

-Henry

jessicawinters
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
This issue has been raised by Chris Boyd in a previous thread. These tags are all fake. Tags all made from the same printing. No reason why different teams would have the exact specialize coding.

All tags should be sewn and imbedded within the inseam. Stitchovers are obviously fake. Any type of alterations should be suspicious signs of fakes.

hblakewolf
11-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Jessicawinters-
Interesting observations. Are you employed by Majestic? If not, how can you definitively post this?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

allstarsplus
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
These 0503B2 tagged jerseys are supposedly originating from a dealer in Canada.

Those Astros jerseys that Rudy showed definitely look like those tags were re-sewn in. You wonder if there are any remnants of a 6200 tag being torn out. Obviously you can't tell from those photos.

kingjammy24
11-17-2006, 04:10 PM
howard,

my empirical observations are that i have not seen the 0503B2 code on jerseys where the wash tag was correctly sewn. i have only see this code on jerseys where the wash tag was incorrectly sewn. in my limited experience, i've also noticed that no 2 teams shared the same code.
if anyone at all has any insight or first hand proof that contradicts any of this, please share it. howard you handle tons of current majestic gamers. have a peek and let me know what you find.

if you believe that the most likely explanation is usually the correct one, then i'd offer that the reason why all of these incorrectly stitched tags bear the 0503B2 code is because someone had a stack of these printed and then attached them to various superstar jerseys. if you were printing up a mass quantity and had no knowledge of what these codes mean, then each tag would likely be identical. across legit majestic gamers, these codes constantly differ. i'm assuming they mean something to majestic.

rudy.

hblakewolf
11-17-2006, 08:21 PM
[quote=kingjammy24;26123]howard,

my empirical observations are that i have not seen the 0503B2 code on jerseys where the wash tag was correctly sewn. i have only see this code on jerseys where the wash tag was incorrectly sewn. in my limited experience, i've also noticed that no 2 teams shared the same code.
if anyone at all has any insight or first hand proof that contradicts any of this, please share it. howard you handle tons of current majestic gamers. have a peek and let me know what you find.

if you believe that the most likely explanation is usually the correct one, then i'd offer that the reason why all of these incorrectly stitched tags bear the 0503B2 code is because someone had a stack of these printed and then attached them to various superstar jerseys. if you were printing up a mass quantity and had no knowledge of what these codes mean, then each tag would likely be identical. across legit majestic gamers, these codes constantly differ. i'm assuming they mean something to majestic.

rudy.

Rudy-
Just checked about 8 game jerseys from the 2005 Mariners that came in today. None have the 0503B2 code. Likewise, there are a few different codes, even though they were all worn in 2005.

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net