PDA

View Full Version : photo matched -VS- COA

GMEN92
05-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Hey just wondering if a photo matched jersey with no coa is actually better then a jersey with a coa and no photo match thanks! Any input would help..

Jags Fan Dan
05-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Photo match beats any COA.

marino13
05-30-2013, 07:22 AM
I will have to say COA from disputable company - not some flybynight characters.

As for photomatch - this term is so overly used with very little meaning. Unless you have super-high-resolution pictures of every distinguish details, a couple generic of "similar styling match" aint going to do it!

If I am going to spend heavy on any item, I will take LOA over photomatch any day of the week!

Unless it is under $500 and I just really want it, then I will bypass the LOA and go with BS photomatch.

Jags Fan Dan
05-30-2013, 07:32 AM
A photo match means you can tell with 100 percent certainty that the item being discussed is the exact item being worn by the player in a specific photo. Anyone using any other definition is mis-using the term, as I understand it.

ousooner_85
05-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I would favor the rock solid photo match over one's opinion that "said player" wore/used the item. All these run of the mill expert authority authenticators are amusing to me. We all know the handful of companies that are relieable, the rest remind me copy machine/used car salesman.

GMEN92
05-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys.. and yea i would have to agree if your saying its photomatched then theres no doubt in the image you see in photo and have in hand.. i am talking more in reference to football so i guess at times it might be easier to judge and compare stains and dirt etc.. so therefore it would leave no question its legit.

frikativ54
05-30-2013, 08:24 AM
To me, both are important. If an item has a team LOA, that's one of the only times that I would buy something without a photomatch. The same is the case with an MLB hologram.

However, I also value the photomatch. Once I can match something, I, without a doubt, can say that it was used in a particular at-bat or game. That really is reassurance to me.

Then, there are the items that only style-match. If I get them from a reputable source, then that may be enough, depending upon the item. Or it will even suffice on an item that I likely wouldn't be able to photomatch, like spikes.

mbenga28
05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Have any of you had a situation where you had an LOA that dates the piece to a specific game, but photo matching shows it was used for another game and never for the one listed on the LOA? Would this make the LOA useless then?

ousooner_85
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
I've seen this happen numerous times with several different companies (both well respected companies and a few suspect at best).

Phil316
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I would take a true photomatch before any piece of paper.

emann
05-30-2013, 11:22 AM
I'd take photomatch also... Also, holo'd as "team-issued" with a photomatch beats holo'd as "game used" without photomatch to me anyday.

Misha
05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Speaking of LOAs, the Oakland A's have sold a lot of items with them. How trustworthy would u rate an item on eBay with one of these? They look pretty simple, have there been any cases of forged Oakland team LOAs?

emann
05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Speaking of LOAs, the Oakland A's have sold a lot of items with them. How trustworthy would u rate an item on eBay with one of these? They look pretty simple, have there been any cases of forged Oakland team LOAs?

Unless you're buying it from the club direct (or a really trustworthy seller), this is precisely why you'd want a photomatch.

I'd never trust a team letter by itself, certainly not on anything big ticket. If you're talking a $75 A's cap or something, that's not a big deal... But, if you're talking a $500 or $1,000 jersey you're getting into some risk.

You need to weigh out all the other factors: how does the item look? can you find a photomatch? does the letter match other letters that are known to be good? who is the seller? etc.

lengthwise1
05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Cant beat a quality photo match. I am a big Rockies collector, so pinstripes always help!!

G1X
05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I would take a true photomatch before any piece of paper.

+1
I have a drawer full of COAs and similar paperwork that contain errors. Some come from very reputable sources. Trust your eyes in what you see, and trust your ears in what you hear.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc at verizon dot net

GMEN92
05-31-2013, 04:09 AM
I have to agree 100% i got some photos from help of some other members here and was able to 100000% photmatch 2 jerseys that i didmt have a team coa for ..i got a coa but juat from the seller so i also think paper coa is just that...PAPER... photographs of your player wearing the exact Jersey in your hands... priceless authenticity to me...

Thanks for your help

808jerseys
05-31-2013, 12:01 PM
COA's are great to have as long as that company stays in business. When they close for whatever reason,now my COA is useless.
I prefer a photo matched jersey. It also looks cool next to the photo matched picture as a display.

A solid COA is a "good start" in deciding to buy or not buy the item.

marino13
05-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Gmen ... you should have correct the title..

Hi-Res and Detailed Photomatch - VS- COA/LOA

... then you would have gotten 85% to 15% in favored of photomatch.

But seriously, how many of those "hi-res and detailed" photomatch out there? Not much.

mbenga28
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
even if there is a photo match, does a game used piece still feel incomplete if an LOA/COA is missing and you know one was originally issued?

GMEN92
05-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Gmen ... you should have correct the title..

Hi-Res and Detailed Photomatch - VS- COA/LOA

... then you would have gotten 85% to 15% in favored of photomatch.

But seriously, how many of those "hi-res and detailed" photomatch out there? Not much.

I agree I'm sure there's not as many hinges matches. But I just got lucky with the 2 I got.. And I don't know how to switch titles .. Sorry.. ;)

GMEN92
05-31-2013, 02:46 PM
even if there is a photo match, does a game used piece still feel incomplete if an LOA/COA is missing and you know one was originally issued?

I feel 100%!complete.. Because it matches without any questions.. If it was a team loa I'm sure it might help but I wouldn't need it as long as there was no doubt in the match.. Just my 2cents.. Everybody's different

UGA-1
05-31-2013, 07:03 PM
An obvious photo match is unbeatable and true peace of mind for me. I will accept a team LOA somewhat, but for the most part they are just interesting at best. If I had a quarter for everytime an LOA was proven to have mis-information or was completely bogus I could buy a nice photo matched gamer an actually know what I have.
But I can understand why someone would feel otherwise after seeing some of the wacky photo matches that sometimes get posted.:D

sportsnbikes
05-31-2013, 11:07 PM
To me it depends on the reputation of the company. But, since I just photo matched my first GU item, I feel like a game used photo match is the best feeling in the world...game used speaking, of course.

scottishcowboy41
06-01-2013, 03:53 AM
To me it depends on the reputation of the company. But, since I just photo matched my first GU item, I feel like a game used photo match is the best feeling in the world...game used speaking, of course.

I have a couple of pretty pounded Cowboys game jerseys that came with game issued LOA's from Steiner. I have since photomatched these extensively and as 'sportnbikes" says, the pride of ownership went through the roof when I made my first photomatch! Yes, correct paperwork from a reliable source adds to the experience and is always desirable, but looking at a crystal-clear photo of your favourite player wearing the jersey you have in your hands, with everything matching is quite a surreal moment!