PDA

View Full Version : YESTERDAY...the good ol' days...

Larry Pelliccioni
05-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Yesterday I drove to meet up with a collector on this board to do some good old fashion swapping. This person is in the process of ingathering soccer jerseys on behalf of his employment and I have, (had) many of the Detroit teams including the Express, Lightning, Neon, Rockers and Safari.
A third party played an invaluable role in determining a fair value for them and in return I acquired pants, a throwback, a patched and cancer awareness jersey of my favorite Detroit Lions, recently retired Jason Hanson along with two guys I am not so familiar with, Reggie Roby and Adam Vinatieri.
This person was great to deal with and it reminded me of days gone by where the true joy in this hobby was swapping out items at a value in which both agreed was fair.
I used to do alot of this with several members of this community.
I also believe that a good trade makes both people involved both happy and sad but in the end it furthers the collections and deepens the friendship and relationships that I value above all of the "stuff."
Larry Pelliccioni

Samets
05-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I think you got some great jerseys!

jppopma
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Too good of a story to let get buried...this is a great reminder of what is RIGHT in our hobby!