PDA

View Full Version : Do you all think this is a good lead to pursue for a photo match...Perez #2

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
OK. This is the 2nd GU Perez bat I bought from Player Direct. They have Sal's exclusive contract on GU items. Great people to deal with BTW.

I want everyone's opinion if they think this is a lead I should pursue. This is from a game against the Angels in California on July 25th 2012. The angle isn't exact but I think it is VERY promising.

Let me know what you all think! THANKS!!

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Not sure why they are so small...let me try again

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 01:33 PM
This size works!

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 01:38 PM

spartakid
06-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Should definitely look for more shots from that game, but it does look like a possibility

GoDodgers32
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Looks like another match to me... ball marks line up perfectly.

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Sparta...I searched for a bunch more but can't get close enough without it being super blurry.

Dodger...I like the marks but want to get one more angle on it from the other side. The tar looks to be darker in the pics than what I am seeing on my bat however, there is a lot of stick there on the Marucci logo and above it on the bat itself. I just can't capture it in a picture.

I suppose it's possible that he pulled the tar down a bit to bat. It has a ball mark of the MLB logo on the bat. If I could find that photo that would be definitive.

Here is another angle I found. The marks in blue seem to line up but the tar is what bothers me.

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
This is another pic from 2 nights later in Seattle. It's the opposite side of the bat but again, very blurry.

I sure wish MLB.TV aired Royals games in-region. I'd buy it.

spartakid
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
The only thing I was skeptical about was the tar. The one in the shot has more tar than yours, no? Obviously if there were less tar, it wouldn't be an issue as he could've added more later, but the other way around doesn't usually seem to happen. The ball marks do look fairly close though. Thoughts?

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Yes the tar is what I am looking at as well. I don't know how the tar stuff works. Do they put it on there then work it down as the bat is used more or what? In the spot where there is more tar in the pics, there is definitely a lot of sticky right there all the way up to the barrel on the bat. It is also a darker shade that I can't capture with my camera.

To me, it seems like a match. The first several pics with the 2 marks on the barrrel look lined up. The second set, (the ones that you can see M) the top blue mark is somewhat covered by the autograph. In person, the shape matches. On the last set of pics, they line up as well.

I'd be curious to see if anyone knows how the tar is handled on a bat.

That might not be a bad thread to start if one hasn't already been started.

sportsnbikes
06-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Oh and of course some higher resolution pics would help a ton.

Do you or anyone else know where I could get or how much some High res photos would run?

spartakid
06-02-2013, 12:08 AM
They usually stick their hands on it during the AB for some added tackiness, but I don't think much of it gets removed. Curious if others were also under this impression as well? Sorry, I don't have any idea on the pics.

sportsnbikes
06-02-2013, 11:03 AM
So the task then is to find better pics. That's going to be tough as I've looked everywhere I know to look short of buying a MLBTV package.

I just don't see how so many ball marks can seem to line up so good but not the tar. I'm lost...lol

Phil316
06-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Just throwing it out there but maybe the bat's tar was whiped down before it being sold.

I would try contacting the place you bought it from as you said it was direct from the player and ask them.

Phil316
06-02-2013, 11:54 AM
If you go to the player direct ite thy have a few bats. The other blonde bat has a similar pine tar pattern but looks like it was cleaned off or dryed up.

sportsnbikes
06-02-2013, 12:53 PM
If you go to the player direct ite thy have a few bats. The other blonde bat has a similar pine tar pattern but looks like it was cleaned off or dryed up.

That's a great idea. I have been in contact with them several times because of the photo match of the first Perez bat I bought from them.

sportsnbikes
06-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Does anyone else out there have an opinion on this?

sportsnbikes
06-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Ok. Rich A was able to help me match this bat with pictures he took. The bat is the one from the July 25 AND 27 games 2012. Pine tar had to have been removed from the bat as Phil had suggested. There is a ball imprint of the MLB logo on the front of the bat that could not have been done twice. I will post the new pics in the photo matched section.

2 Perez matches in a week. This bat had at least 2 hits on it! Uncracked.