Help! Texas Rangers jersey or other team?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colrise
    • Jun 2013

Help! Texas Rangers jersey or other team?

I picked up this jersey a month ago for basically 7 bucks. I have not seen in any photos that the Texas Rangers ever wore this scheme. Can anyone shed some light?

Jay

Interested in Astros, Rangers, Indians jerseys in old or current designs.
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: Help! Texas Rangers jersey or other team?

that's certain not a Texas Rangers professional jersey (both overall style and neck tagging are dead giveaways).

Comment

• colrise
      • Jun 2013

Thanks. That is kinda what I was thinking. I bought it because it just struck me as odd. Maybe some sort of salesman sample. I dont know
      Jay

Comment

• commando
        • Nov 2007

The Rangers had multiple minor league teams in the 1980s that also used the "Rangers" name. Many or most of them used Rawlings as their supplier for jerseys, and I've seen tons of them tagged this exact same way.... I'm just not sure if I have seen this exact style before. I would find as many minor league pics from the 1980s as possible to try and find a style-match, and my guess is this is probably from the Rookie League to AA (I pretty sure the Charlotte AAA team did not wear this style).
        sigpic
        Anthony Nunez
        Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
        www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Possibly the Port Charlotte Rangers? They had a team there for a number of
          years when that was the organization's spring training home.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• colrise
            • Jun 2013

Thanks. I have looked all over for pics from Rangers minors and I cant find any pics that show this type of jersey. There is a limited amount of photos on the internet. For some crazy reason I keep on leaning towards a salesman sample or it was just from some high school team. Like I said, I found it for 7 bucks because I thought it was cool looking. Hey, I'm a baseball & jersey fan.
            Jay

Comment

Working...