PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys GU Jersey on eBay

MaicoSays
06-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

I've been searching for GU Dallas Cowboys items but I've always stumbled on eBay user "dalcowbill's" items. Of his auctions, he states the items are game worn / used. So out of curiosity, I asked if his jersey came with a COA. He replied,

"CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORIZATION

I HAVE BEEN A DALLAS COWBOYS MEMORABILIA COLLECTOR AND FAN SINCE 1970 & CONSIDER MYSELF AN EXPERT ON DALLAS COWBOYS MEMORABILIA.

DALLAS COWBOYS DEMARCUS WARE GAME WORN REEBOK ATHLETICS AWAY JERSEY:

OFFERED HERE IS A DALLAS COWBOYS REEBOK ATHLETICS AWAY JERSEY WORN BY ALL PRO LINEBACKER, DEMARCUS WARE.
IT HAS TACKLE TWILL "94" ON THE FRONT, THE BACK AND ON BOTH SHOULDERS. ALSO TACKLE TWILL "WARE" ON THE NAMEPLATE WHICH HAS BEEN SEWN ONTO THE JERSEY. THE NFL LOGO PATCH IS AT THE V-NECK ON FRONT OF THE JERSEY. ALSO FEATURES A CUSTOM CUT ELASTIC WAIST, CUSTOM TAYLOR SLEEVES, THE BOTTOM OF THE JERSEY HAS BEEN CUT OFF SO THERE IS NO REEBOK TAG OR SIZE TAG/LENGTH TAG ON THIS JERSEY. “09/48” YEAR TAG/SIZE TAG IS LOCATED IN THE COLLAR.
THIS IS A GREAT DISPLAY PIECE FOR ANY COLLECTOR OF AMERICA'S TEAM AND IN MY OPINION IT IS A GAME WORN JERSEY.

BILL STRATTON"

The items honestly appear to be game issued but since the price was pretty steep for a game issued jersey I decided to check to see if it was truly game used. Seems to issue his own COA. He later replied to me asking if I would buy it after he sent me the COA. I said that I couldn't pay for over $1,000 on an item without a credible COA standing behind the item. He told me that I would spend near 5-6k for the jersey (which more than likely may be the case) with a Steiner Sports COA.

Here is the item in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380655262794&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

42itus
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Even if it did come with a COA, I would avoid unless you can match it in a photo. If he's as qualified as he thinks he is, he should know the difference between GI and GU.

My advice is to be patient, something will come up. Or you can try contacting eBay user I'd : dsc0109. He's on these forums but he's straight up and he always has neat things for sale. And his prices are fair.

MaicoSays
06-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Even if it did come with a COA, I would avoid unless you can match it in a photo. If he's as qualified as he thinks he is, he should know the difference between GI and GU.

My advice is to be patient, something will come up. Or you can try contacting eBay user I'd : dsc0109. He's on these forums but he's straight up and he always has neat things for sale. And his prices are fair.

You are 100% correct. This guy got rude with me and said good luck getting a game used Ware Jersey with a credible COA because it'll cost 6k, surely you read my auction description and saw that it doesn't come with a COA. I replied saying I did read it nd wanted clarification, thats why I even asked before spending +$1300.

I know dsc. Hes great. I just bought stuff from him.

earlywynnfan
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
A thread search on dalcowbill might prove interesting here.

Ken

42itus
06-10-2013, 04:15 AM
You are 100% correct. This guy got rude with me and said good luck getting a game used Ware Jersey with a credible COA because it'll cost 6k, surely you read my auction description and saw that it doesn't come with a COA. I replied saying I did read it nd wanted clarification, thats why I even asked before spending +$1300.

I know dsc. Hes great. I just bought stuff from him.

I haven't been collecting as long as most people on this forum, but I'm pretty sure you can find a nice DWare that can be easily photo matched for $2K or less. One will come up eventually. You're just going to have to bid against me to take it! :D

ctguy212003
06-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Bills stuff for the most part is issued. I bought that Shannon sharpe jersey and another one and sent it off to GF to get authenticated and came back fake. Be careful guys

trsent
06-10-2013, 05:41 AM
I love sellers who use a line like this:

"I CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR PACKAGE THRU UPS, FED EX OR THE USPO. YOUR PACKAGE WILL BE SENT VIA ANY OF THE 3 DELIVERY SERVICES. IF DAMAGED IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RECOVER YOUR MONEY THROUGH WHAT EVER SERVICE IT WAS SENT THROUGH. UNLESS YOU BUY INSURANCE WITH ME. IF INTERESTED IN INSURING YOUR PACKAGE PLEASE INQUIRE WITHIN!!!"

I guess this seller who's feedback is nearing 3000 and has been on eBay since 1998 doesn't read the eBay rules of shipping and insurance. It is clear, you can optionally charge for shipping, but eBay doesn't allow for additional charges for insurance.

So, to follow eBay rules, you sell an item you can charge the shipping and insurance as part of your optional shipping charge, but you cannot charge one price to ship with insurance and another price to ship without insurance.

The seller in all cases is responsible that the item arrives and it arrives in advertised condition.

Personally, if you start a price at $1000.00 or even $50.00, I say why not just make shipping (and insurance) included in the sale price of the item as a seller you have to pay eBay Final Value Fees on shipping charges, so why not just include it in your price and make shipping free?

Oh...What do I know. Just venting.