PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv subscribers - free money

tella27
06-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm a MLB.tv subscriber and if you are too you know that last Thursday (June 6th) their servers went down and none of the games were shown. If you called all they did was say sorry but offered no compensation for their technical issue. I emailed MLB executive relations and let them know that I wasn't a fan of paying up front for the games and when they have issues its oh well even though I paid for that game. I told them I was going to file a complaint with the BBB letting them know they failed to deliver on a service I paid for. I also told them that I would take to social media and suggest other subscribers do the same. Low and behold I received an email with a $25 gift certificate to MLB.com shop. With the sale going on for Father's Day a picked up a new hat shipped and it cost me a total of $4.16 shipped after taxes.
If you are a subscriber you paid to watch the game - email them and let them know you're not happy and they will compensate you.

rdeversole
06-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I told them I was going to file a complaint with the BBB letting them know they failed to deliver on a service I paid for. I also told them that I would take to social media and suggest other subscribers do the same. Low and behold I received an email with a $25 gift certificate to MLB.com shop. With the sale going on for Father's Day a picked up a new hat shipped and it cost me a total of $4.16 shipped after taxes.
If you are a subscriber you paid to watch the game - email them and let them know you're not happy and they will compensate you.

So you are suggesting we try and coerce MLB into giving us free money for missing roughly 1/30th of this months viewable games because of their servers being down?

tella27
06-10-2013, 09:26 PM
If you are a subscriber you paid for that day of games and their equipment failed cause none of the games to be shown. This is the 4th time in less than a season and a half. They use to send an auto 40% off MLB.shop coupon out. They said this is how they handle it now - its like the cable company, they only credit the people that call.

chakes89
06-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Really? Did missing ONE game really affect that you badly?

tella27
06-11-2013, 12:54 AM
It amazes me that I'm getting slack for letting people know mlb is giving out $25 to anyone that emails them about their outage last Thursday.

Mods - please just delete this thread

NEFAN
06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Don't let the haters bring you down. They thrive on causing problems.

I've had similar issues with Directv over the NFL package. Got some free stuff for calling in on the issue.