PDA

View Full Version : I found Michael Jordans game worn #12!!!

Takuleechch
06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
So the title is a little bit sarcastic but the story is pretty funny. I had to share it.

There was a guy offering some signed Jordan items. I contacted him and he told me has over 150 signed Jordan items. I asked if he had anything Jordan wore in a game and he said yes - a Deam Team Olympic uniform and THE #12 jersey Jordan wore.

How does he know MJ?

"You see, I worked with MJ in Chicago many years ago when I was an electrician. Met him when I did Harpo Production Studios (Ophra's place ). My kids went to his camps for 13 years at Elmhurst College, then I worked with him for many years at the Special Olympics when he was a spokesperson. Then I did his restaurant."

Jordan must really like his restaurants electricians to give them such rare memorabilia!

I said that the 12 jersey would be very rare since there was only one he replied

"Yes, there were actually 4 sent to the game in Orlando. MJ has 1, the Bulls have 1 and I believe Stern has the other, but not positive on that.That was a special gift to my daughter when she was in grade school and he gave it to her, signed it in front of 1,000 people and gave her a hug and told her to hold on to it , it would be worth alot someday. If it was for sale, it would have to go through my daughter and there are NONE anywhere. The last dealer at the Sun Times Sports Convention at the Rosemont Convention Center by O'Hare Airport offered me $25,000 and I said no. Something like this is like Babe Ruth's last home run ball. It sold for over $400K. Not saying this is in that range, but it is not available anywhere and I doubt very much you would ever get anyone of the other 3. BUT, that all being said, everything has a price at some point."

4 sent to a game but they didn't have any other 23 jerseys he could wear?

"Team always travels w/ 4----2 road jerseys, 2 home jerseys--in case the home team changes their minds on colors."

It gets better. I asked for pics.

"I am having my daughter send 2 photos to you at the reply address you gave. If it does not go thru, you will have to provide a usable email for me to use. Just a reminder, however. These are the real McCoy, and so am I. If you are not for real, if you have any intentions of anything not honorable, please do yourself a huge favor. Someone tried a scam a few months ago----BIG MISTAKE---- for them. They not only had a problem with Craig'slist, but the FCC, the Maricopa authorities, , but most of all, they had a call, personal, from very close friends of mine at Langley who did the research and found all their info and submitted to all the necessary people. You see, I was a Capt., retired, Ranger Spec. Ops. 2 tours Nam. Did alot of work with those "friends " in Langley for years and still stay in-touch. I have multiple security systems here---some passive, some active, some supervised, some not and all with battery-backup. 2 systems are monitored and I am home 24-7 with more weapons, some fully auto, then you can count on both hands. I treasure my family's welfare foremost and my collection secondary. I just expect honesty and directness. If there are any other intentions, please save yourself alot of problems. I have alot of "red " on my files and more is not going to make any difference, okay?"

Obviously it was a retail jersey. I said I wasn't interested and that Jordan didnt wear that jersey. This reply came

"That is perfectly fine friend. Like I mentioned, I had a problem with a guy who claimed to be a Dr. in Arizona. He wanted to buy my Collector's Edition Vette, offerring asking price, but refusing to even see it, wanting to send a rep. and pay thru Paypal needing my info. As I mentioned, I made a call to some one in Virginia and had him checked out. He never went to college, med. school, never practiced, turned- out to be a mechanic w/ large record, including pedophilia. I have a wife w/ Sjoghren's, 2 daughters--1 in Nursing school and 1 w/ a 2 year old. Cannot afford any problems w/ security. Whether you understand or not, don't give a f**k !!! Just laying out the cards so you knew the game. Everything I have is TOTALLY legitimate. The " Dream Team " jersey is ,to my knowledge, the only one. The #12 is 1 of 4. MJ may not have worn that one but it is 1 of 4 from Orlando, he said so himself. But I had no intyention of selling it anyway, you couldn't afford it on your best day. Nam did make me different, but I had a degree that kept me together from Marquette U. I have honor and integrity, I just take no s**t from anyone, and whomever faces the consequences of their actions---justice served and deserved---the Chicago way, ok? Best of a friend, worst of an enemy, fair and simple. No problems,you could never afford the prices anyway, who were you kidding .
You would be best looking on Ebay for forgeries, then telling your "dudes " what a deal you got !!!!!! May the man upstairs walk with you, you need guidance along your way."

Hahaha hopefully some of you can relate to this experience!

abstractheory
06-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Wow! Quite a story. I usually skip long posts because I'm too lazy, but I read this...Funny stuff.

trsent
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
The Internet has given us a venue to meet morons from all over the world now!

jppopma
06-12-2013, 11:21 PM
The sad part is that these people LIVE these lies and actually believe themselves.

sportsnbikes
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM
First of all, if you are that big of a deal and have connections like that, you aren't bragging about them.

Secondly, how does one go from being a Special Ops person to being an electrician. I understand second careers and all but come on!

commando
06-13-2013, 12:49 PM
What an idiot. Anyone involved with a position in law enforcement or any kind of government enforcement is familiar with the "shadow of the badge" concept. You cannot imply a threat to someone when it's not directly related to your line of duty in an appropriate situation. A more serious threat, like the one in this idiot's email, can get the person fired very quickly.

Needless to say, this fellow is delusional.

spartakid
06-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Definitely a troll who just has two much time on his hands...:cool: