PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought: "Inscriptions" Autos

madlab7
11-17-2006, 07:31 PM
This is kinda off topic as to game used but has to do with signing jerseys as "Game Used" I was looking on the signingshotline sight and saw that Ditka was signing. So I click on the link and it brings up the prices for his auto. While looking at the prices, I saw where you can add an additional $20 for him to add in inscription(likewise with Ripken, $49 dollars) Is there any limits to what they inscribe? Just thought I would throw it out there because it really makes you wonder about all the inscribed "game used" items out there marked as "Gamer" or "All Star Game used" etc, etc.

mr.miracle
11-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Cal Ripken will not inscribe anything with the words game used or gamer on it. It does not matter who is sponsoring the signing or if the item came from his own personal collection. This comes directly from Ironclad Authentics and does not matter the provenance of the item etc. I can speak only specifically about Cal signing or not signing items this way. Other players are much more liberal about what they will add that inscription to but many will not sign gamer or game used on anything.

stlbats
11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
ripken will not sign any game used items anymore. most other players aren't very fond of inscribing gu, unless its something like a private signing such as david wright and locker room sports. at least from my experience.

thanks

jason

mr.miracle
11-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Actually, Cal will still sign game used at certain events specifically if done through Ironclad Authentics. I just sent in a game used base and asked it to be signed and a special inscription added and this was no problem. He won't however sign game used items at certain shows where he is under contract not to sign game used

suave1477
11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
MadLab you should search through the History of the forum as this topic has been discussed many times.