PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me with pic of Stubbs 4/8/13

simmo2332
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
I just recently aquired the home opener jersey of Drew Stubbs from Yankees vs Indians on 4/8/13.

Can anyone post a few pics from that game? Getty had one in the outfield but nothing too close up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I figured since it was a one day jersey it would be easy to find pictures.

rdeversole
06-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I just recently aquired the home opener jersey of Drew Stubbs from Yankees vs Indians on 4/8/13.

Can anyone post a few pics from that game? Getty had one in the outfield but nothing too close up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I figured since it was a one day jersey it would be easy to find pictures.

Do you have the jersey in hand yet? I was under the impression that the home and road opening jerseys were worn for multiple games but just Auth'd to the opener.

simmo2332
06-20-2013, 03:33 PM
I do not have it yet, I can only look at the pictures from the auction. Should be receiving it next week or so.

Where did you get that impression? Would be cool if that is true.

I have put in an email request to Kris with Indian Authentics about the opening home jerseys and their use.

rdeversole
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Here's a quote from Kris:

"The home and road opener jerseys were worn for the first month of the season, just authenticated on those days. "

simmo2332
06-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Here's a quote from Kris:

"The home and road opener jerseys were worn for the first month of the season, just authenticated on those days. "

Ryan,

Thanks for the info! Now just gotta find some good pictures of it to match up once I receive it.

As you know, I'm a big Stubbs fan and had been waiting for a good Indians item to show up on auction. Couldn't beat the price for it! :D

Klattsy
06-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Does that mean they would have been playing in them with the holo on? And i'd assume washed with the holo on?

rdeversole
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Does that mean they would have been playing in them with the holo on? And i'd assume washed with the holo on?

Some teams have been known to "covertly" mark the jersey on a certain date and then authenticate and hologram it at a later date. The Reds have done this at least the past 2 years on "Opening Day" jerseys.

In 2012 - they marked each jersey on opening day and then, after the first 2 series at home were over and the jerseys had more use, they were authenticated to Opening Day.

In 2013 - they did the same thing except they had them authenticated to Opening Day AND the last day they were worn - April 1 and April 17. Not sure why they didn't do that in 2012.

simmo2332
06-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Looks like you are right Ryan. Here is the MLB authentication for the jersey.

Hologram number EK708003 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT CLE
Session Date: April 08, 2013
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: DREW STUBBS #11, CLEVELAND INDIANS ALTERNATE HOME JERSEY COVERT MARK APRIL 8, 2013 CLEVELAND VS. NEW YORK YANKEES APRIL 8, 2013 CLEVELAND HOME OPENER.