PDA

View Full Version : Crazy story-Yomiuri Giants

Tunis
06-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Was leaving a state park in Texas today when I saw a guy leaving the gift store. Had a Giants jersey on #42. OK, I thought, Barry Bonds in 2007. Just a throwback of some kind. Then as he passed by, I saw Yomiuri on the sleeve. Then "Pedraza" on the back. I remembered the name vaguely but couldn't place him. My favorite player, Jose Lopez, now plays for that team so I decided to asked him about the jersey.

Turns out the Rodney Pedraza was a cousin or distant cousin. Made it to Triple A but not beyond. Played quite a few years in the Japanese leagues. Jersey was probably from 2003. He told me it was the "real" jersey. He gave it to him after he finished his career. I looked at the tagging real quick (as he was wearing it, LOL). It said Descente in the shirttail tagging. I got no other information.

It lookk like the guy put more use on it then did Rodney Pedraza over the last 10 years.

toshi
02-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Hello.
I live in Japan, and I'm interested in a jersey of Giants.
Could you show me a jersey picture of Pedraza?

Was leaving a state park in Texas today when I saw a guy leaving the gift store. Had a Giants jersey on #42. OK, I thought, Barry Bonds in 2007. Just a throwback of some kind. Then as he passed by, I saw Yomiuri on the sleeve. Then "Pedraza" on the back. I remembered the name vaguely but couldn't place him. My favorite player, Jose Lopez, now plays for that team so I decided to asked him about the jersey.

Turns out the Rodney Pedraza was a cousin or distant cousin. Made it to Triple A but not beyond. Played quite a few years in the Japanese leagues. Jersey was probably from 2003. He told me it was the "real" jersey. He gave it to him after he finished his career. I looked at the tagging real quick (as he was wearing it, LOL). It said Descente in the shirttail tagging. I got no other information.

It lookk like the guy put more use on it then did Rodney Pedraza over the last 10 years.

jtnatalierica
03-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Hello Toshi, just reading thru these forums and see you're looking for a Giants uniform. Is it the San Francisco or Yomiuri uniform you're looking for. I just talked to a good friend of mine you might recognize from the Japanese NPB. His name is Brian Sikorski and he played for a few NPB teams in Japan and also made 2 all-star teams. He has quite a few of his full uniforms and said he wouldn't mind selling certain teams uni's he's worn. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll let him know what you want. My email address is waelchli29808@yahoo.com. Keep in contact. Tom W.