PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions at the National

ChrisCavalier
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update regarding Goldin Auctions at the National. We will be set up at booth #656 in the Corporate Pavilion. It is an end cap booth, kitty corner from PSA. Below is a close-up of the relevant part of the floor plan.

Although Ken will not be at the National due to a family commitment, I will be there along with a number of other people from Goldin Auctions. In addition, we were thinking it might be nice for GUU members in attendance to come meet at the Goldin Auctions booth at a specified time and we head over to the food pavilion and grab some drinks and get to know each other better. If we meet, I would be happy to answer any questions you guys might have about Goldin, the hobby, etc.

If you are interested in setting up a time to meet at the show, please let us know by replying on this thread and we will work out a time to meet together. We actually did that one year at the National and it was really nice to get to know each other a bit more. We can judge whether or not to schedule a time to meet up based on the replies on this thread.

Sincerely,
Chris

misteremu
06-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll be there Thursday through Sunday, but I know some persons will not be in attendance as early as Thursday...what about Friday or Saturday mid-day?

ChrisCavalier
06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
I'll be there Thursday through Sunday, but I know some persons will not be in attendance as early as Thursday...what about Friday or Saturday mid-day?
I think mid-day Saturday would be a good time where most people will be attending. Again, if there are enough people that express an interest on this thread to meet, I will be happy to quarantine the time to get together.

-Chris

Preston
06-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Chris! I'll be there Wed-Sun.

Samets
06-25-2013, 06:37 AM
I'll be attending but undecided on the day.

ChrisCavalier
06-25-2013, 10:22 AM
How about if we try to make this simpler? Let's say we meet Saturday at noon at the Goldin Auctions booth. If you plan to be there, please post it here so we can keep a look out for you. We can all go over to the concession area, grab some drinks (drinks are on me) and talk there. The more I think about it, it actually doesn't matter to me if one person shows up or a hundred. I would look forward to seeing any GUU member and talking in person.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better as well as answering any questions you might have.

-Chris

sox83cubs84
06-25-2013, 06:59 PM
If the booth I'm working at can spare me, I'll be there.

Dave Miedema

ChrisCavalier
06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
If the booth I'm working at can spare me, I'll be there.

Dave Miedema
Dave, we all know the booth you are working at can never truly spare you but I think we know what you mean ;)

momen55
06-26-2013, 11:48 PM
when is the national?

ChrisCavalier
06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
when is the national?
The National will be held this year at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL (near Chicago). The dates for the convention are July 31 - August 4. Here is a link to the show's website:

http://www.nsccshow.com

-Chris

jake33
06-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi, I think there was a previous thread on this, but couldn't locate it. Just wanted tos ee who was going to the national from the forum....

Also, is anyone going to VIP party on Wednesday July 31st? If so, are you able to get multpleauto's fo Doc Gooden and/or Neal Anderson? I didn't see any restrictions mentiond online...

misteremu
07-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Are we still planning on meeting at noon at the Goldin Auctions booth? I am going to the Cubs game which is a 3 PM start....

ChrisCavalier
07-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Are we still planning on meeting at noon at the Goldin Auctions booth? I am going to the Cubs game which is a 3 PM start....
Yep, that is the plan. I will be there no matter how many people show up. As I said before, I would be happy to meet with one member or a hundred.

Sincerely,
Chris

num1jrfan
07-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Hi, I think there was a previous thread on this, but couldn't locate it. Just wanted tos ee who was going to the national from the forum....

Also, is anyone going to VIP party on Wednesday July 31st? If so, are you able to get multpleauto's fo Doc Gooden and/or Neal Anderson? I didn't see any restrictions mentiond online...

this is a good question, wish i had the awnser

Basketball-collector
07-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Are you still buying us drinks ?

ChrisCavalier
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Are you still buying us drinks ?
Yes, drink are on me...I mean Ken...ah, I mean me.

ChrisCavalier
07-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Having gone to these events before as a paying attendee, I know money can seem to flow out of your pocket for everything....parking, admission, hotels, airfare, not to mention whatever you purchase! The people at Goldin Auctions certainly understand that feeling.

That is why we are offering the following promotion at our booth that is intended to PUT MONEY INTO YOUR POCKET. It is our way of trying to give back to the people who do business with us. I hope it can end of helping some of the GUU members who are attending the event:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....ULT0jWJg%3D%3D

I actually wish I was smart enough to come up with the idea but, unfortunately, I'm not that bright. However, if you have any questions about the promotion or need help with consignment questions for Goldin Auctions, please feel free to let me know. I am smart enough to help with those questions :o

Sincerely,
Chris

NeonStatus
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Having gone to these events before as a paying attendee, I know money can seem to flow out of your pocket for everything....parking, admission, hotels, airfare, not to mention whatever you purchase! The people at Goldin Auctions certainly understand that feeling.

That is why we are offering the following promotion at our booth that is intended to PUT MONEY INTO YOUR POCKET. It is our way of trying to give back to the people who do business with us. I hope it can end of helping some of the GUU members who are attending the event:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....ULT0jWJg%3D%3D

I actually wish I was smart enough to come up with the idea but, unfortunately, I'm not that bright. However, if you have any questions about the promotion or need help with consignment questions for Goldin Auctions, please feel free to let me know. I am smart enough to help with those questions :o

Sincerely,
Chris

The link is not working for me. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

misteremu
07-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I'll be there at noon, looking forward to the drink!

ChrisCavalier
07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
The link is not working for me. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Here is the text for anyone who may have experienced a problem with the link:

Goldin Auctions Awarding Collectors $1500 at its booth (#656) at the National Sports Collector's Convention from July 31-August 4

WEST BERLIN, NJ - JUY 26, 2013 - Most collectors walking the floor at the 34th annual National Sports Collector's Convention are constantly pulling out their wallets to make a purchase. That's why Goldin Auctions is hoping to put some money back into their pockets by offering $1,500 in prizes at their booth during the show from July 31-August 4.
Each day, collectors who visit the Goldin Auctions Booth (Booth #656) and register for the company's Fall Auction catalog, or confirm that they are already registered, are entered into a drawing to win a GoldinAuctions.com $100 gift certificate. At the end of the week, all registrants are entered to win a $1,000 gift certificate, which can also be used at a company auction through July 31, 2014

"When collectors consign an item to Goldin Auctions it's just like putting money in their pocket," said Ken Goldin, Founder of Goldin Auction. "We look forward to meeting the thousands of passionate collectors at The National an helping them learn how Goldin Auctions can realize record prices for their consignments."

In addition to offering the daily prize drawings, Goldin Auctions will also have a selection of memorabilia on display at the booth that's available in the company's Fall Auction including: game used bats from Babe Ruth (autographed), Lou Gehrig, Roberto Clemente (rookie season) and Jimmy Foxx; a Derek Jeter 1996 rookie season game-used Yankee batting helmet; The Cambridge Find of over 170 19th century cards which have remained in original family hands for 125 years; The Jeremy Kable basketball collection of in-person acquired game used and autographed basketball memorabilia; Penny Marshall's personal game-used and photo-matched Michael Jordan jersey; and more
Goldin Auctions is currently accepting consignments through August 9 for its October auction. The company is specifically seeking pre-1980 game used equipment; pre-1960 vintage baseball cards; championship rings; single signed baseballs of deceased hall of famers; high-quality complete sets of cards; game-used items of Jeter, Rivera, Harper, Trout, & Puig; trophies and awards; all 19th century baseball collectibles.

ChrisCavalier
08-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey Everyone,

Two things:

1) I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused anyone on Saturday. I was asked to be a guest on a television program they were shooting at the National and I was promised we would be done around 11:00. As it turns out, we ended up filming until about 12:20 or so. In fact, at 12:00, I made the film people wait as I told them I had to run to my booth because there were people expecting me at 12:00. I ran back to the booth and saw a few of you and mentioned the film people needed me for another 15 or 20 minutes and that I would return as soon as possible. I did come back around 20 minutes later but there wasn't anyone left at the booth. I am sure no one wanted to wait and I wouldn't have wanted to wait either. My sincere apologies as it was totally unexpected and I feel really bad if I inconvenienced anyone.

2) As a way of saying I'm sorry, if you came by the Goldin Auctions booth, please email me and I will personally pay $10 toward your invoice for anything you purchase in Goldin Auctions October auction. I feel really bad that I promised everyone a drink and I want to personally make it up to you. This will be done on an "honor system" so I am trusting only people who showed up will email me. In fact, I did meet a few of you when I ran back to the booth at noon so I'm not expecting 1,000 emails. Please feel free to email me at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com

Btw, here are a couple of pictures from the filming in case you thought my story was fabricated :) I'm the one in the navy blue jacket on the right, the one with a little bit of hair :o :

misteremu
08-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Chris,

Don't worry about it....Goldin spent a lot of money to set up and bring their employees out...your job comes first, we all understood that. It was nice getting to shake hands and put a face with the name I have seen on here for so long.

I consigned a piece for your next auction...this is the first time I have ever consigned a piece to an auction house, so I am looking forward to the next auction.

You'll just owe us 2 drinks in Celeveland! :)

Take care,

Eric

ChrisCavalier
08-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Don't worry about it....Goldin spent a lot of money to set up and bring their employees out...your job comes first, we all understood that. It was nice getting to shake hands and put a face with the name I have seen on here for so long.....You'll just owe us 2 drinks in Cleveland! :)
Hey Eric,

Thanks for the post and it was my pleasure getting to meet you. Also, you have a deal for two drinks in Cleveland. However, maybe I will get lucky and be somewhere in your area before then and we will be able to spend some time in person.

Thanks again,
Chris

Basketball-collector
08-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Chris,

It was a true honest to goodness pleasure talking to you on the multiple occasions thruout the National. See you in Cleveland, if not before !!!

All the Best,
Alan

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Chris,

It was a true honest to goodness pleasure talking to you on the multiple occasions thruout the National. See you in Cleveland, if not before !!!

All the Best,
Alan
Hey Alan,

I have to say that the pleasure was all mine. You are a really good guy and I am thankful for the opportunity we had to talk. Hope to stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Chris