PDA

View Full Version : What are replica lineup cards?

coxfan
06-25-2013, 07:56 AM
When I survey items authenticated from MLB games, it's common to see "replica lineup cards" authenticated. It's unclear what they're talking about, so I've assumed they meant the unofficial dugout lineup sheets used to help managers keep track of substitutions.

But on a recent visit to the Braves' stadium game-used store, they had a framed collage that included a "replica lineup card". I didn't look that closely but it seemed to be a miniature of a dugout lineup card. Any thoughts on the authentication terminology? Does a dugout lineup card differ from a regular dugout lineup card, which differs from the official batting-order card?

jppopma
06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
The could refer to high res photocopies of the original lineup card. I've seen other teams sell them framed.

Basically, they look cool and there are more fans that don't know or care if it is real compared to us sticklers. :)

08Cubs
06-27-2013, 06:59 PM
IIRC, they will also use this designation for cards that are used by the team but nit in the dugout. Couple of examples - first, one is posted in the clubhouse, and one is used in the dugout. Second, the coaches make up an extra for whatever reason. The Red Sox sold me one of those at a pretty good discount when they kept the original for a player who had a milestone hit. Funny thing is, every change was written into it and it is indistinguishable on its face from a used card so just as good as a display.

coxfan
06-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies. I've also heard of duplicates of the dugout cards being kept in the bullpens by the Bullpen Coach.