PDA

View Full Version : eBay Blocking bidder/seller communication!

NEFAN
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I tried to contact this seller about payment methods and eBay blocked me out. Is this something new?

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUserNextGen

NEFAN
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Here's the message I get when trying to contact the seller:

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Samets
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM
eBay is blocking everything possible to separate you from each other. I think they are looking to nip sales outside of eBay.

Phil316
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

This is the message you get when a seller blocks you from bidding on their auctions and from answering any questions you have. eBay gives the option to block messages from people on your blocked list.

earlywynnfan
06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I don't think this is an ebay thing, it's a seller thing.

Ken

trsent
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM
This is the message you get when a seller blocks you from bidding on their auctions and from answering any questions you have. eBay gives the option to block messages from people on your blocked list.

Yeah, I don't think this is an ebay thing, it's a seller thing.

Ken

You are both correct - This seller has blocked you from bidding so you can't email them through eBay anymore.

As for eBay's messaging system. A couple days ago I paid for an item with PayPal, and the seller's PayPal account is not registered. I tried to email through eBay to tell them their email address has not been set up, but eBay wouldn't let me include their own email address in the message. Just a pain in the ass to work around.

Samets
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
This doesn't seem to be an issue for sellers in China (Yet...)

This is a communication from this morning:

GMEN92
06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Ebay has stepped up their blocking email game...so this one still works for me.. just put like this

Please email me mjjakab
That's a yahoo address

It always works for me my email is mjjakab@yahoo.com incase you didnt figure it out lol as some people dont lmao

NEFAN
06-27-2013, 01:29 PM
If the seller blocked me from bidding, I have no idea why. I've never had an issue with him. I just wanted to know if he'd take a money order if I won.

jppopma
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
If the seller blocked me from bidding, I have no idea why. I've never had an issue with him. I just wanted to know if he'd take a money order if I won.

I've received the same response and also do not know why a seller that I had never dealt with would have me blocked. I am wondering if there is something where sellers can opt out of receiving messages and just put "stock answers" in for ebay.

Considering that Ebay owns Paypal and uses that as their preferred payment system..they may have "money order", "western union", or other words blocked the same way they do emails.

NEFAN
06-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Well I tried to bid and I am blocked from bidding, no clue as to why. I can't recall any transactions with flipsyr before. Guess I'll spend it somewhere else.

earlywynnfan
06-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Well I tried to bid and I am blocked from bidding, no clue as to why. I can't recall any transactions with flipsyr before. Guess I'll spend it somewhere else.

Flipsyr?? Seriously? After the threads that have gone on here about him, he's doing you a favor by blocking you.

He probably blocked all of us.

Ken

kudu
06-28-2013, 12:17 AM
NEFAN, you say you can't recall any transactions with him, yet your ID pops up on several previous threads regarding "flipsyr". One of them, you claim that flipsyr called and threatened you:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52212&highlight=flipsyr

Why would you want to communicate/deal with this seller??:confused:

scottishcowboy41
06-28-2013, 03:41 AM

The above messaging and also bidding issue happens to me on ebay.com now and again. Most of the time messaging and bidding is not a problem at all for me.

I live over in the United Kingdom where we have ebay.co.uk but obviously 99.9% of game used NFL items for sale are going to be in the U.S so I have been a member of ebay.com for many years too.

I have been on ebay for 9 years and have a 100% feedback record on over 3200 transactions. In my case I assumed my messages and bidding capacity were blocked where certain sellers in the U.S had barred any communication or bids from international buyers. So since you live within the U.S I have no clue as to why you have been affected by this blocking issue.

When my messages did get blocked using the full ebay.com site I was able to contact the seller via the ebay.com mobile app which was an excellent loop--hole. I have not had this happen to me for a while so I don't know if the app will still allow this.

With regards to banning email address sent via the ebay messaging service, this is now a very recent feature on ebay.co.uk too which is very frustrating when you want to close a deal by Paypal invoice and cut out the ebay middle-man.

I did notice that a buyer was able to send me their email address via the ebay messaging service AFTER they had purchased the item. They had a problem with their checkout so I just sent them them a Paypal invoice. Seems to be the email address blocking only occurs when the item is live or has ended unsold where you would have an option of an off-ebay sale.

Ebay is an evil genius! But I love it and would be lost without it!

helmets
06-28-2013, 04:00 AM
NEFAN, you say you can't recall any transactions with him, yet your ID pops up on several previous threads regarding "flipsyr". One of them, you claim that flipsyr called and threatened you:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52212&highlight=flipsyr

Why would you want to communicate/deal with this seller??:confused:

Ooops!

trsent
06-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Had personal dealing with him, a real piece of work. Outed him on the forum, called and threatened me. Sounded like a kid.

This post above was from a post on 9-26-2012!

I argue with unprofessional sellers myself from time to time, and I can't remember them all either so I understand if you bid a lot on eBay how you could forget them but if a guy calls and threatens you, I think you should remember who that seller was.

NEFAN
06-28-2013, 10:18 AM
I had him confused with some else that I had dealing with from the Pittsburgh area who forged game helmets (Gino Cappaletti was discussed here) who in fact called and threatened me. He changed his ebay ID so many times I thought it might be the same guy. Flipsyr is from the Syracuse area according to his eBay profile.

Sorry, my memory ain't what it used to be! I totally forgot about that incident. My bad on this post.

jppopma
06-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Flipsyr?? Seriously? After the threads that have gone on here about him, he's doing you a favor by blocking you.

He probably blocked all of us.

Ken

I never thought of it that way Ken. I am betting that those who I had been blocked from and don't recall ever doing business ...could be from something I said or a stance I took on here. Scam artist know who to avoid and who to target. Guess it is a blessing that they have me blocked and can save both (all) of us a whole lot of trouble. Thanks.

hairyangryfella
06-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah there are two reasons you'd get that message -

1) The seller has personally blocked you from bidding
2) The seller has blocked the country you are located in

BHawk
07-02-2013, 06:22 AM
How many of you have blocked a buyer only to have them buy under a different name? I have only blocked one buyer (after a very unpleasant experience which made me wonder if the guy was insane), and 3 years later he bought something with a different user name. I was prepared for another episode, but no problems this time. He has hundreds of positive feedbacks under both names, so he is capable of handling transactions, but also several negative feedbacks, so I'm not the only one. Anyway, I blocked the other name after allowing so time to go by after the transaction, but for all I know he has others.

earlywynnfan
07-02-2013, 08:10 AM
How many of you have blocked a buyer only to have them buy under a different name? I have only blocked one buyer (after a very unpleasant experience which made me wonder if the guy was insane), and 3 years later he bought something with a different user name. I was prepared for another episode, but no problems this time. He has hundreds of positive feedbacks under both names, so he is capable of handling transactions, but also several negative feedbacks, so I'm not the only one. Anyway, I blocked the other name after allowing so time to go by after the transaction, but for all I know he has others.

I had that happen last year, a guy I had blocked won something from me under another name. I told him I wouldn't do business with him and was cancelling the transaction, and he got all jerky/threatening with me again. So I called ebay, blocked him again, and they cancelled it for me.

joelsabi
07-02-2013, 10:03 PM
I had that happen last year, a guy I had blocked won something from me under another name. I told him I wouldn't do business with him and was cancelling the transaction, and he got all jerky/threatening with me again. So I called ebay, blocked him again, and they cancelled it for me.

so if a person who I block on my buyer list uses another username he/she is not automatically blocked based on his/her IP address. How did you prove it was the same person?

earlywynnfan
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I recognized his name when he tried to paypal me. No, I can change my name daily and bid, no matter how many times you try to block me. Ebay agreed with me after I showed them some emails he had sent in the previous year (via ebay messages) that were nasty. When they saw the same name, they cancelled the transaction for me.

Ken