PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Rookie Gamer

tory.mccallum1
06-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey guys! im thinking of picking up a Carmelo Rookie gamer and it has a COA from Steiner, my question is judging by the pics of the jersey, there isnt a serial # sticker on the jersey itself, just the COA. For anyone with knowledge of Steiner products if the jersey isnt autographed, does Steiner not include a matching hologram from the COA on the jersey itself? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as this isnt a cheap jersey! Thanks again!

GMEN92
06-26-2013, 08:02 PM
To my knowledge and anything I ever bought from Steiner if it was signed there was a sticker attached. But the items I got that weren't signed did not have a sticker on them for example a GU football jersey and large 20yard line turf both came with COA from Steiner but no hologram sticker. ..

tory.mccallum1
06-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Cool thanks! i just wanted to make sure that was typical procedure and it wasnt a real COA put on a fake jersey, because i have seen a lot of "pro cut" Melo rookie jerseys out there. Thanks again!

Mattapan03
06-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Do you have any photos?

tory.mccallum1
06-28-2013, 03:53 PM
hey! i actually bought it so once i get it in the mail, i will post pictures. The COA was from Steiner and read "Game used Carmelo Anthony 03-04 Rookie white jersey" or something along those lines.

yanks12025
06-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Did steiner even work with Denver?

tory.mccallum1
06-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Ive seen a few of his 04-05 signed game used jerseys that came with printouts of the box score's from the games he used the jersey in, so maybe they got a hold of a couple because i know they've worked with Melo for awhile. Just wasnt 100% on the unsigned jerseys, and how they would issue COA for those.

tory.mccallum1
07-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Ok guys so i got the jersey in the mail today, and the jersey looks ok, seems to show alittle use and def qualifies as a pro cut, but the COA is what's bothering me. I've attached a pic to see if maybe any of you guys would have any input. The COA Is completly laminated, and it makes me question if its authentic or was hand made because the steiner sticker cannot be taken off. Also check out the part that usually says "parts no: is half missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

dre707
07-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Those certs holograms are built into the card itself you wouldn't be able to remove it. And the "part no" just looks like a printer problem. I wouldn't be worried.

josun45
07-03-2013, 09:09 PM
The only that that worries me about the seller is that he had NUMEROUS game worn Gilbert Arenas jerseys listed and sold.. If I recall, I believe the number was nearing 10...

Most of them were tagged 99-00 or 00-01 if I recall and he stated they were worn in later years...

Not sure if the Wiz recycled many jerseys in their earlier years or what not.. but for a seller to some how accumulate that many seemed a bit fishy... Even though Gil gave his jersey out every game...

tory.mccallum1
07-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I'm semi new to the forum and just getting responses and opinions back is a big help. Yea that's kinda what i was worried about to, he does have another Melo signed Steiner jersey from 04-05 with the stat sheet that im pretty sure is 100% authentic so its a toss up....i assume this is real because of the COA but i haven't seen Steiner COA's before so i wasn't sure if they could be counterfeit. If not then im pretty happy with it because the jersey seems nice in my eyes and i know Steiner is pretty reputable so im not worried about their opinion as long as the COA is real.