Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. C. Walker
    • Nov 2005

1983-85 Chicago White Sox Jersey Tagging

A couple questions regarding the 1983-1985 era Medalist Sand-Knit Chicago White Sox jersey tagging.

1) Were all tail taggings (as an example) 83 * 42 SMITH for Year Size Player? Are there other variations?

2) Why were some, on the name portion, done with marker? Are those possibly a second or third set?

Thanks in advance for the info.
    R. C. Walker
    sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com
  • rms
    • Jan 1970

Re: 1983-85 Chicago White Sox Jersey Tagging

R.C.,

Attached are photos of the tagging on my '83 road Carlton Fisk White Sox jersey. I haven't seen other variations of this style of printed tagging, but I am familiar with the names written in marker that you make reference to. It is my belief that the tagging with hand-written names were jerseys that were made up for players during the season (because they were late season call-ups, because a jersey was stolen, or because they needed a new shirt for some other reason). This is just an educated guess on my part, so it's possible there is more to the story.

Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com

Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Did you know that the 1983 Chicago White Sox are the reason why my father and I are no longer all that close?

Game 4 ALDC at Comiskey, White Sox down 2-0 in the 10th, Dad decided that we should leave and beat the traffic, even though we took the elevated train.

Needless to say, even though they lost, I wanted to be there if they had pulled off the comeback, and I never forgave him for this.

Funny, after the baseball strike 10 years later, I started leaving games in the 4-6th innings. Now, last year I did attend one live game, in Anaheim, CA and I got there 2 hours early and I stayed to shed tears of joy as I watched the White Sox celebrate their first appearance in the Fall Classic since 1959, but that was the first time since the last strike that I attended a full game.

Comment

• baltos
        • Nov 2005

Click image for larger version

Name:	1983 White Sox road 2 tagging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	634947

Here is a small variation on a 1983 road jersey (no star)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1985 White Sox road 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	634948

and the 1985 road with two separate strips. I have seen both stars and common players in this format.

Comment

• R. C. Walker
          • Nov 2005

Thank you Baltos & Rob!

Exactly the info I was looking for.
          R. C. Walker
          sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...