PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Bryce Harper!

KGoldin
07-02-2013, 05:27 PM
75195Incredible return from the DL for Bryce! Post your favorite Harper GU items here, and of course I am posting a few of mine...and yes, of course they are all up for auction as I type!

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=3984&searchby=3&searchvalue=harper&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2012-Bryce-Harper-Game-Used-bat-for-Career-HRs-%2311-and-12-%e2%80%9cDeuce-Noblitt%e2%80%9d-Bat-(MLB-Auth%2c-PSA-and-Mul

multi HR bat: MUST READ description, a touching story actually

KGoldin
07-02-2013, 05:32 PM
His first instructional debut bat...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4494&searchby=3&searchvalue=harper&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2010-Bryce-Harper-Professional-Debut--Game-Used-Bat-PSA%2fDNA-GU-9

KGoldin
07-02-2013, 05:34 PM
and his AA Debut...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4493&searchby=3&searchvalue=harper&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2011-Bryce-Harper-AA-Debut--Game-Used-and-Photo-matched--Bat-PSA%2fDNA

ChrisCavalier
07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Did I read that he hit a bomb in his first at bat off the DL? That guy is a stud!

-Chris

kellsox
07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm more of a reader of the forum as I rarely post and don't collect as much as I used to but it seems to me it's becoming one big promo for Goldin auctions- just an observation...
K

Phil316
07-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm more of a reader of the forum as I rarely post and don't collect as much as I used to but it seems to me it's becoming one big promo for Goldin auctions- just an observation...
K

I gather since it is Chris's forum and he works for Goldin Auctions he can do wht he wants. I do agree though with Kellsox sometimes all that shameless promotion gets annoying.

ChrisCavalier
07-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I gather since it is Chris's forum and he works for Goldin Auctions he can do wht he wants. I do agree though with Kellsox sometimes all that shameless promotion gets annoying.

Very interesting. Goldin Auctions actually pays for exclusive promotion rights on the site which enables us to offer the forum free to our members. With that in mind, I take it some of you also call your television provider and complain that there are commercials. In fact, I'm sure that is the case because some will complain here with a free service and the use of television is actually something you need to pay for to receive.

Even further, about 90% of the members on the forum look at Goldin Auctions' website and an extremely high percentage of the Game Used Universe members are registered bidders and receive the Goldin Auctions catalog. Ken has also provided GUU members with a promotional discount to use in the auction....something no one seemed to complain about. Not to mention, many GUU members are also consignors to the auction. As such, if Ken would like to occasionally post items from the auction, especially items that are consigned by GUU members, I think that is more than reasonable. Also, if we try to have a little fun with it, I don't think it causes any harm. Like when you watch television, if you don't want to watch the commercials please feel free to look the other way.

Sincerely,
Chris

kellsox
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Comparing posts to television commercials is a stretch. Now comparing them to an Internet pop up add would be more accurate. Maybe a thread just with Goldin auction promotions would allow people to decide if they want to read rather than a vague "welcome back Bryce Harper " thread with immediate links to auction items

onlyalbert
07-02-2013, 07:59 PM
75195Incredible return from the DL for Bryce! Post your favorite Harper GU items here, and of course I am posting a few of mine...and yes, of course they are all up for auction as I type!

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=3984&searchby=3&searchvalue=harper&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2012-Bryce-Harper-Game-Used-bat-for-Career-HRs-%2311-and-12-%e2%80%9cDeuce-Noblitt%e2%80%9d-Bat-(MLB-Auth%2c-PSA-and-Mul

multi HR bat: MUST READ description, a touching story actually

Is that a picture of him slamming the bat down in frustration breaking it? Hmmmmm

jbean023
07-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Ive registered, bid on a few Goldin Auctions items, but yet to receive a catalog.

Phil316
07-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Very interesting. Goldin Auctions actually pays for exclusive promotion rights on the site which enables us to offer the forum free to our members.

gotcha

Phil316
07-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Very interesting. Goldin Auctions actually pays for exclusive promotion rights on the site which enables us to offer the forum free to our members. With that in mind, I take it some of you also call your television provider and complain that there are commercials. In fact, I'm sure that is the case because some will complain here with a free service and the use of television is actually something you need to pay for to receive.

Even further, about 90% of the members on the forum look at Goldin Auctions' website and an extremely high percentage of the Game Used Universe members are registered bidders and receive the Goldin Auctions catalog. Ken has also provided GUU members with a promotional discount to use in the auction....something no one seemed to complain about. Not to mention, many GUU members are also consignors to the auction. As such, if Ken would like to occasionally post items from the auction, especially items that are consigned by GUU members, I think that is more than reasonable. Also, if we try to have a little fun with it, I don't think it causes any harm. Like when you watch television, if you don't want to watch the commercials please feel free to look the other way.

Sincerely,
Chris

And i do enjoy Goldin Auctions by the way. Nothing against the company.

KGoldin
07-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Ive registered, bid on a few Goldin Auctions items, but yet to receive a catalog.

All the catalogs are now in the hand of the USPS and I expect each of you will get them in the next 3 business days...with 4th of July on Thursday, perhaps the last will hit on Monday.
Unfortunately, we were a little delayed there for a little bit, as the whole world knows, but the second that got resolved we went to press as soon as we could.
most people should get them two weeks before the auction ends July 19th, at worst 10-12 days before.

perlman9
07-03-2013, 08:09 AM
this wasnt in the game used section of ebay so thought if someone had 15k to toss around, here ya go!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRYCE-HARPER-BASEBALL-JERSEY-GAME-USED-Syracuse-With-NAMEPLATE-COA-N-L-Allstar-/370846369831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56582a8827

rj_lucas
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
His first instructional debut bat...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4494&searchby=3&searchvalue=harper&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2010-Bryce-Harper-Professional-Debut--Game-Used-Bat-PSA%2fDNA-GU-9

I have no connection to this bat, but I do own the rights to a large number of images of Bryce from his time in the instructional league in 2010 i.e. the earliest photos of Bryce as a professional.

The auction listing for this bat claims it was used for Bryce's first professional at-bat, and while I can't confirm that, I can tell you based on the date stamps on my images, it is a credible claim.

The earliest shots, from September 17-21, consist of workouts, fielding drills, and BP. The earliest game shots are dated September 27, which means this bat, with a production date of September 20, could certainly have been in Harper's hands for his first professional AB.

I have numerous images of Bryce using this style of bat, gold letter and white letter, taped and untaped. At the conclusion of the auction, if the winner of the bat is from this forum and sees this message, they're welcome to contact me.