PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Harper - Great Player...Even Better Person

swainer
07-06-2013, 09:55 PM
This kid gets it...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2013/07/05/bryce-harpers-visit-with-gavin-rupp/

mdube16
07-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Wow.

coxfan
07-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Although there's so much negative published about baseball players, my experience is that the large majority are solid, decent guys. Another example: The South Carolina Gamecocks met a little childhood cancer victim in Omaha on a hospital visit at the College World Series. He became a Gamecock fan. So when the Gamecocks returned to Omaha and won the National Championship, they found he was much improved; so they made him a Gamecock bat boy for the College World Series.

In the "small world" department, Bryce Harper's brother Brian was a member of one of the Gamecocks' National Championship teams. He spent most of his time in the bullpen as a spot reliever, as he was far less-heralded than his brother.

frikativ54
07-07-2013, 10:00 AM
A really moving story; it puts everything into perspective. Hats off, Bryce!

toddhead
07-07-2013, 12:39 PM
My best friend lost her 13 year old son to a similar type of brain cancer and when I read this story yesterday it literally brought me to tears. I don't think Bryce will ever know how much that meant to that boy's family. In such a tragic time it will be something they can hold on to forever.

slab0meat
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Great thing to do. Great story.