X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swainer
    • Feb 2012

Bryce Harper - Great Player...Even Better Person

This kid gets it...

Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com
  • mdube16
    • Jun 2007

Re: Bryce Harper - Great Player...Even Better Person

Wow.

Comment

• coxfan
      • Feb 2009

Although there's so much negative published about baseball players, my experience is that the large majority are solid, decent guys. Another example: The South Carolina Gamecocks met a little childhood cancer victim in Omaha on a hospital visit at the College World Series. He became a Gamecock fan. So when the Gamecocks returned to Omaha and won the National Championship, they found he was much improved; so they made him a Gamecock bat boy for the College World Series.

In the "small world" department, Bryce Harper's brother Brian was a member of one of the Gamecocks' National Championship teams. He spent most of his time in the bullpen as a spot reliever, as he was far less-heralded than his brother.

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

A really moving story; it puts everything into perspective. Hats off, Bryce!
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• toddhead
          • Sep 2006

My best friend lost her 13 year old son to a similar type of brain cancer and when I read this story yesterday it literally brought me to tears. I don't think Bryce will ever know how much that meant to that boy's family. In such a tragic time it will be something they can hold on to forever.
          Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
          I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• slab0meat
            • May 2010

Great thing to do. Great story.

Comment

Working...