PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed On 1979 White Sox Home, 1984 Astros Rainbow

Marrdar
07-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi -
I went to a long time collector's house and went thru his collection. I was interested in a couple of his jerseys, the first one a 1979 White Sox white softball style jersey Bill Nahorodny, the second one a 1984 Astros rainbow style of Vern Ruhle.

Can other collectors provide an estimate of the values? The White Sox jersey was offered for $500, and the Astros for $350. The jerseys are in excellent condition, tagging is correct per the GUU articles I have seen.

Any help is appreciated.

Marlon.

karamaxjoe
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I think $500 might be a little steep for the Sox jersey. I think it's more in the $300 range. The one think you have going for you is it's a home jersey which is harder to find than the road.

Is the flag tag next to the Capital Ace tag washed out?

I'm guessing this is the jersey?

Marrdar
07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes, the year tag is pretty washed out, and the name on back has an outline of a nameplate that was over the name.

Was this jersey once in your collection?

karamaxjoe
07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes, the year tag is pretty washed out, and the name on back has an outline of a nameplate that was over the name.

Was this jersey once in your collection?

No I've never owned that one, but I've got lots of pictures. The plate on the back just covered up the name when the jersey was sent to Knoxville, Glen Falls or some other minor league outpost.

MikeSharon
07-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Which style of Rainbow was the Verne Rhule? if it was the rainbow shoulders and it is all original you are in the right ballpark if its a rainbow body and all original its low almost all of the rainbow Astros from that era were stripped and sent to the minors be very careful to make sure that the nameplate is original

Marrdar
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
The Ruhle is a rainbow body, not on the sleeves. The wear on the name on the nameplate looked similar to the number on back.