PDA

View Full Version : charges

momen55
07-09-2013, 11:29 PM
how would someone tackle this:
you buy an item from someone, pay, then they don't send it citing different excuses.
then the communication stops. you ask for a refund, then they "send" item. time goes by, tracking number doesn't work but they insist it was sent. you ask and get a refund, all this through ebay, then all of a sudden the item shows up.
then the seller communicates that they saw the item was delivered and since a refund was given cite mail fraud and proceed to claim they are pressing charges of mail fraud and are taking full legal action to prosecute.
and all this after i told the seller that i would pay for the item and did pay, but they still press on the issue for a $67 item.
during all this, i contact the postal service whom tells me that they had not yet received the package, only a notice of printing a label at a post office in concord california, and the seller is in phily! i emailed the seller about this and no reply. ebay looked up the tracking info and the guy eric, told me the same and issued the refund.
they told me that ebay and paypal advised them not to talk to me. what? i replied, ok, i'll let my jag officer take care of it. stupid people!

sportsnbikes
07-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Ya that sounds pretty fishy to me. If it were me, I'd make sure you have your experience documented at both eBay and Paypal and then rest easy.

Mark17
07-11-2013, 10:51 PM
how would someone tackle this:
you buy an item from someone, pay, then they don't send it citing different excuses.
then the communication stops. you ask for a refund, then they "send" item. time goes by, tracking number doesn't work but they insist it was sent. you ask and get a refund, all this through ebay, then all of a sudden the item shows up.
then the seller communicates that they saw the item was delivered and since a refund was given cite mail fraud and proceed to claim they are pressing charges of mail fraud and are taking full legal action to prosecute.

Since the seller "saw the item was delivered," there must've been a valid tracking number for it. This, plus the date you received the refund, and the date the auction closed, is all the evidence you need.

What you're being accused of is receiving the item and also asking for a refund. But if you asked for and got the refund before the item arrived, you obviously aren't guilty of any wrongdoing.

Couple that with the long period of time from auction close and your payment, to when the item arrived, plus the bad tracking info and bad communication (ebay keeps messages sent through their system), and your concerns would seem to be totally legitimate.

Now, if he can show the item was delivered, and THEN you asked for the refund, you could be in some trouble.