PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bob Uecker/Gene Oliver 1967 Phillies Flannel

KTroublesome
07-14-2013, 12:35 PM
I recently came into a 1967 Bob Uecker/Gene Oliver game used Phillies flannel road jersey. I know Bob Uecker played for the Phillies in 67 for about 20 games and was then traded for Gene Oliver. They both wore the same #9 (not #40 like seen in the recent SCP auction). I know common practice then was to just change the tagged name on the jersey and pass it along to the new player but is there any record of it?

Any help or other information would be greatly appreciated.

sox83cubs84
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I recently came into a 1967 Bob Uecker/Gene Oliver game used Phillies flannel road jersey. I know Bob Uecker played for the Phillies in 67 for about 20 games and was then traded for Gene Oliver. They both wore the same #9 (not #40 like seen in the recent SCP auction). I know common practice then was to just change the tagged name on the jersey and pass it along to the new player but is there any record of it?

Any help or other information would be greatly appreciated.

Fra more often than not, the name tags weren't changed. The original user's NIC/NIT was left intact, even for later users. I've seen a few White Sox flannels were reissued jerseys had NICs removed, but that's the exception, not the norm.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
07-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I got an email in from Phillies expert Howard Wolf. From what he has seen, the only time the Phillies removed and/pr replaced NIC tags was in 1986, the last season the Phils wore Wilson uniforms. The old NIC was removed, and a new one was added, but the new one was attached through the entire neck portion of the placket, not just the outer layer, which was normal for Wilson gamers of the era.

Dave Miedema

KTroublesome
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
I got an email in from Phillies expert Howard Wolf. From what he has seen, the only time the Phillies removed and/pr replaced NIC tags was in 1986, the last season the Phils wore Wilson uniforms. The old NIC was removed, and a new one was added, but the new one was attached through the entire neck portion of the placket, not just the outer layer, which was normal for Wilson gamers of the era.

Dave Miedema

Hey Dave do you have Howards email? ive actually been tryin to get ahold of him.

sox83cubs84
07-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Hey Dave do you have Howards email? ive actually been tryin to get ahold of him.

Email soon to be sent.

Dave M.