PDA

View Full Version : Ken can you help ? Jefferies jersey

metsbats
07-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi Ken,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gregg-Jefferies-Game-Worn-Signed-Jersey-New-York-Mets-/20094192890pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec91281c8

Is this a scoreboard or real gamer?

Thanks
David

KGoldin
07-17-2013, 10:35 PM
I went to link
Shows jersey removed

metsbats
07-18-2013, 05:22 AM
Corrected the link here.

Thanks
David

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gregg-Jefferies-Game-Worn-Signed-Jersey-New-York-Mets-/200941928904?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec91281c8

KGoldin
07-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I do not believe that is a SB jersey. In fact, I spoke to my signing agent at the time just now, and unless someone has an ad where Sb advertised Jeffferies jerseys, I do not believe there were any tagged jerseys signed by him, furthermore it was a trademark of SB to have them signed in the front. So a back signed , tagged jersey would not be from SB

metsbats
07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks Ken. I 'm pretty sure the SB jersey were tagged which is why we typically are cautious with the 1990 Jefferies jerseys. However like you say the signatures were typically on the front and not on the numbers which makes sense.

Here is another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Mets-JERSEY-9-Gregg-Jefferies-GAME-WORN-Rawlings-Team-Issued-SIGNED-/290934954704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bd131ad0#ht_416wt_1158

KGoldin
07-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Now I need to call up his old agent Sam levinson and ask him if he remembers the jefferies deal!

commando
07-19-2013, 12:35 AM
TNTtoys gives a great explanation on this short thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15805&highlight=scoreboard+jefferies

A few other Jefferies Scoreboard threads exist here on the forum. If I remember correctly, these jerseys were not signed by Jefferies for Scoreboard. Apparently Jefferies has signed several of them here and there over the years though, hence no uniformity to the location of the sigs or the type of pens used.

KGoldin
07-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Does anyone have an old ad showing jefferies jerseys for sale by score board?
I do not recall them .
If you have an ad , please post it. Also, if you have ever seen jefferies signed items with a sb cert, please post.
Otherwise, myself, my former lead signing agent, and the former warehouse manager of SB all do not recall ever sitting with him in a signing session and I do not recall signing a contract with him.
I will wait for a response before I post further, as I have some idea on these jerseys but want to confirm my thoughts..
Please post any ads or any SB certs with Gregg jefferies

TNTtoys
07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Scoreboard Jefferies jerseys were not signed on the front. They were all Set 1 1990 homes in the same size, with the "9" patch. To be honest, the odds that you will find a legitimate gamer in the bunch is so slim that I would stay away from them at all costs. The fact that this one is signed on the back number is irrelevant; any jersey can be signed after the fact.

KGoldin
07-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Scoreboard Jefferies jerseys were not signed on the front. They were all Set 1 1990 homes in the same size, with the "9" patch. To be honest, the odds that you will find a legitimate gamer in the bunch is so slim that I would stay away from them at all costs. The fact that this one is signed on the back number is irrelevant; any jersey can be signed after the fact.

I repeat
I and everyone I know who worked with players at score board cannot recall having Gregg jefferies under contract
Wit his in mind, there is always the slightest chance everyone's memory is bad
So I ask, I know there have been postings here before showing old score board ads from the early 90 s selling jerseys. If anyone has those images, please post one showing jefferies in the ad.
Otherwise, I think these jerseys came out of either ACES or MC sports back in 1990

TNTtoys
07-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I know there have been postings here before showing old score board ads from the early 90 s selling jerseys. If anyone has those images, please post one showing jefferies in the ad.
Otherwise, I think these jerseys came out of either ACES or MC sports back in 1990

Anthony Nunez posted a ton of images on this forum from old ads. There was no reference of a Jefferies jersey in any of them; however, the same threads were littered with examples of Jefferies Set 1 1990 homes that were on ebay and various auction houses. I have come across dozens of them myself.

You introduce the premise that another company had a similar deal with Rawlings that Scoreboard did, whereas game model jerseys were duplicated in every detail, down to the team tagging. Sure, this is plausible. If they could mass produce for Scoreboard, they certainly could do the same for another company.

So, I suppose the original point I was looking to make without splitting hairs is that buyers should AVOID any 1990 Set 1 home Gregg Jefferies jerseys, as they were mass produced for promotional purposes, and it is an extreme longshot that the true gamer can be found in the pile.

KGoldin
07-19-2013, 03:12 PM
I would stay away from that jersey
ACES represented him, and MC sports did a lot of marketing. It is possible they could have had Jefferies sign a letter and gotten his jersey

AthleticsFan
07-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I swear I remember seeing Gregg Jefferies on QVC when he was still with the Mets. I'm pretty sure I have a Jefferies signed baseball and a signed Big Stick bat from SB too.

Phil316
07-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Cool article by Dave Miedema regarding ScoreBoard jerseys.

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=216&cntnt01returnid=98

KGoldin
07-19-2013, 10:05 PM
NOPE
those Jefferies jerseys were NOT from SB
if you can find a better source then the former CEO of SB, LMK
SB never ordered or sold Jefferies jerseys. SB was only able to order jerseys if we produced a letter to rawlings from the player requesting the jerseys. I am sure Sb was not the ONLY company or individual of that era to be able to do it.
and I can 1000% guarantee Jefferies was never on QVC Carter, Gooden and straw yeah, but not jefferies

Phil316
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
NOPE
those Jefferies jerseys were NOT from SB
if you can find a better source then the former CEO of SB, LMK
SB never ordered or sold Jefferies jerseys. SB was only able to order jerseys if we produced a letter to rawlings from the player requesting the jerseys. I am sure Sb was not the ONLY company or individual of that era to be able to do it.
and I can 1000% guarantee Jefferies was never on QVC Carter, Gooden and straw yeah, but not jefferies

Got it Ken. Thanks for clearing that up.