PDA

View Full Version : How many BP Jerseys are really made for ALL Star

jake33
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I have long thought that there were 3 total all star jerseys that were made per player

1 - The workout day/HRD jersey or the gameday BP goes to topps for jersey cards
2 - The opposite jersey of #1 gets sold
3 - Game issued autographed jersey that supports MLB's BAT program, hunt auctions used to sell them and Grey Flannel sold the 2003 jerseys, but I would think MLB will auction them online on their own site like they did last year.

However, this is a strange case....

Fernando Rodney wore a all star jersey in 2012 that read "ULISE" on the back for his father. I can see it does say ULISE on the back of his jersey on MLB workout day on a few images. I own Fernando's authenticated used 2012 GAME DAY BP and it reads RODNEY on the back. I believe I did have a photo as well at one point that showed RODNEY on the back. However this is strange...

On this jersey card below that was taken off of his "WORKOUT DAY" jersey, the letter N is the letter on the patch. Which means either Rodney wore 2 jerseys on workout Day/HRD or the card isn't legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-TOPPS-ALL-STAR-GAME-FERNANDO-RODNEY-IN-THE-GAME-AUTO-NAME-LETTER-PATCH-1-1-/251265265291?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3a8093ae8b&nma=true&si=f8uaX%252By01zQpQg6X5b8LqKFMepo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_444wt_1065

I read that someone saw Bryce Harper switch out jerseys on gameday in 2013. I wonder if this is a request the player can make or if it is MLB's choice. Within the last couple years MLB started doing a specific design into the tackle twill jersey numbers which make the jersey easier to photo match. When everyone gets their 2013 jerseys, will be interesting if people are able to make the jersey to 1 photo earlier in the day and another photo doesn't match up.