PDA

View Full Version : Korean war BULLDOGS jersey

stasman
07-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Heres something I need help finding.....My dad was drafted out of High school by the Brooklyn Dodgers but was soon drafted into the service. While in basic, they saw he was drafted by the Dodgers and instead of him going to fight, they assigned him to the Army baseball team and sent him to play baseball in Germany.
I have photos of him wearing his army "Bulldogs"jersey whie in Germany in 1954.....I have looked everywhere and cant find any of these jerseys....So I am asking the WORLD....has anyone seen a BULLDOGS baseball jersey from the Army in 1954?
The jersey appears to be white with striping along the collar, buttons and sleeves and has "BULLDOGS" in script accross the lower chest... I know its a needle in a haystack, but hes now 81 and it would be incredible if I could find one.....

mook03005
07-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Thats a great story man, best of luck in your search. My dad is around the same age, and served in Korea. I know its probably not what youre looking for but Ebbets Field Flannels can recreate a flannel jersey and customize it to your liking. They are excellent at what they do. Have you got any leads so far?

stasman
07-20-2013, 06:33 AM
No Leads...Ive been looking everywhere.......I figure theres not many out there and being so long ago, this one might be unattainable...

DJaeger22
07-20-2013, 01:39 PM
I remember an episode of American Pickers where they went into someone's warehouse and ended up finding a few boxes of Marine flannel jersey's from that time period. I think they said that the guy just ended up bulk buying tons of stuff from military auctions over the years and never really let them go.

I emailed Antique Archaeology through eBay after I had seen the episode and said they sold them already.

Might want to try messaging them your story and see if they can help any. It would be pretty awesome to get that jersey you're searching for.

Good Luck!

flaco1801
07-20-2013, 05:49 PM
The shirts found on the tv show were the ordinary MARINES front....w. red button...

stasman
07-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks..I emailed Ebbets flannels and havent received a response yet..The hunt continues :)

stasman
08-04-2013, 05:48 PM
i spoke with Ebbets Flannels and placed the order..I hope they are as good as everyone says..I saw they made the uniforms for the new Jackie Robinson Movie..42 Thanks for the advise..Now im trying to find a old pair of white baseball pants from the 50's to complete the display....anyone have any idea?