PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

MLB~NUT
07-22-2013, 05:58 PM
After his 2nd known association with PEDs, does this effect how you feel about collection him and the value of your collection?:rolleyes:

marino13
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Cant speak on Braun's "you mishandled my test, therefore I am not guilty UNTIL now"... but I know my decent collection of Rodriguez' game used have took a nose-dive.

Maybe one day it will recover, maybe it won't. But I am NOT about to dump my collection, just going to suck it up and move on. Hey, my Jeter's and Rivera's will help out when I decide to let go to cover the lost on Rodriguez's.

yankees506
07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
His market may dip but will probably rebound since he will have a ton of playing time in his future to make people "forget". If Braun took this kind of suspension then I'm thinking arod could be looking at an extremely longer suspension if not a lifetime ban. If that happens arods market may hit Sheffield and/or manny lows.

Anabolicollege17
07-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes hes a damn cheat just like every other bumb in MLB. Can't trust anyone except Jeter for a split second.

Add Von Miller to my crap list too now.

jbsportstuff
07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes hes a damn cheat just like every other bumb in MLB. Can't trust anyone except Jeter for a split second.

Surely I missed your DWS in the post. Every bumb in the MLB??? Wow...

Anabolicollege17
07-22-2013, 09:41 PM
JB do you really trust anyone in baseball to not be cheating??? I mean how many times are we going to go through this with players who we lie to our faces. I've had teamates lie to me about saucing, and than they got tested and caught. So I'm so sick of it

akrover
07-23-2013, 05:19 PM
If Braun took this kind of suspension then I'm thinking arod could be looking at an extremely longer suspension if not a lifetime ban. If that happens arods market may hit Sheffield and/or manny lows.

Looks like you are probably right.

#MLB sources have informed CBS Evening News' @JimAxelrod that Alex Rodriguez could be looking at a lifetime ban.

For baseball purposes I would think Yankees fans would want a long suspension. A lifetime ban would be gravy, but definitely something running into next year. That would scrub his salary for the 2014 Luxury number & thus allow them to add salary at the trading deadline that isn't just a contract expiring after the season. Or add a Cano & someone else this offseason & still be under 184 mil or whatever the number is.

MLB~NUT
07-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Afraud, should receive a Lifetime Ban!!!:mad: Braun Im not sure this is the 2nd or 3rd time being linked, I know its the 2nd its been Public! If its Brauns 3rd time, he should be Banned as well...;)

vonbrandingo
07-23-2013, 05:56 PM
If Arod is slapped with a lifetime ban, I think his GU stuff might actually rise in value from where they're at now. He wouldn't be using any more equipment and he'd be the newest member of that infamous and collectible group with Rose and Joe Jackson.

kellsox
07-23-2013, 06:27 PM
If Arod is slapped with a lifetime ban, I think his GU stuff might actually rise in value from where they're at now. He wouldn't be using any more equipment and he'd be the newest member of that infamous and collectible group with Rose and Joe Jackson.

Not a chance his stuff goes up- remember for the all of the years arod played, EVERYTHING he touched went on the market- so there was almost too much of his gear out there. Also, prices of his gu items carried a significant value based on the speculation of him breaking records- which is not going to happen now.
Based on the timeframe he admitted to using and now this current fiasco, it's pretty clear that a majority of his career was PED aided.

Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17

Rediculous to trust any player(jeter or anyone else) in this era. Many of those who used didn't get caught. It's quite clear that the players who got busted were the most careless.

bd300
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I feel bad for happyyoungster, he had that awesome Braun display with bats and uniforms. Now all that stuff is tainted.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=37280&page=4

Anabolicollege17
07-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.

onlyalbert
07-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.

OJ never cheated.....just killed. There is a difference right? :confused:

Enyouartist
07-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Not a chance his stuff goes up- remember for the all of the years arod played, EVERYTHING he touched went on the market- so there was almost too much of his gear out there. Also, prices of his gu items carried a significant value based on the speculation of him breaking records- which is not going to happen now.
Based on the timeframe he admitted to using and now this current fiasco, it's pretty clear that a majority of his career was PED aided.

I concur with your sentiments. Most of my friends are Yankee fans, and everyone loathes Arod. I'm embarrassed to show anyone my Arod stuff.

happyyoungster
07-24-2013, 06:50 AM

+1

trsent
07-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Nick made the local news:

http://fox6now.com/2013/07/23/fan-has-15k-worth-of-braun-memorabilia-reacts-to-suspension/

hfd0035
07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
+1

Nick, that is an awesome collection on the news clip! Hang in there with it. The majority of them cheat, Braun just got caught.

marino13
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM

http://fox6now.com/2013/07/23/fan-has-15k-worth-of-braun-memorabilia-reacts-to-suspension/

Don't feel too bad.

Most of my Arod gamers are already in brown boxes and they will stay that way until I decide what to do with them.

PS. That is ONE awesome display case, by the way.

happyyoungster
07-25-2013, 08:49 AM

Just for the record: I didn't do this story looking for sympathy. We all make investments that fall flat...I did it because my family and I are disappointed in a player we so highly regarded as authentic. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't need to hear everyone's opinions about foolish spending, false hope, how I should have spent my $$$ on my kids instead, yada-yada-yada...

nevrdiez34
07-25-2013, 08:55 AM
ESPN's Darren Rovell tweeted the news story last night too

commando
07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Just for the record: I didn't do this story looking for sympathy. We all make investments that fall flat...I did it because my family and I are disappointed in a player we so highly regarded as authentic. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't need to hear everyone's opinions about foolish spending, false hope, how I should have spent my $$$ on my kids instead, yada-yada-yada...

I think most of us here are with you, Nick. Anyone who has more than a couple game-used pieces in their collection probably owns something that was worn by a player who was using some kind of questionable performance enhancer. Thankfully, this forum seems to have fewer haters than others I have visited.

Gotta love the internet!

swainer
07-25-2013, 10:24 AM

For real? That's unreal that you're getting that. Surely not from anyone on here I hope. I'm sure most of those people have their own skeletons in their closet. I feel for you man.

This situation sucks but one positive is the Tigers were able to sign Prince because Braun was such a great liar! :D

J/K. There is absolutely NOTHING good about this situation. You look like you have a great family my man! Congrats!

Peace,

John

hfd0035
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I think most of us here are with you, Nick. Anyone who has more than a couple game-used pieces in their collection probably owns something that was worn by a player who was using some kind of questionable performance enhancer. Thankfully, this forum seems to have fewer haters than others I have visited.

Gotta love the internet!

+1
My Astros GU jersey collection consists of nothing but Steroid/HGH-heads and I love still love them. Biggio check, Bagwell check, Clemens CHECK, and Mr. "I only did HGH for 2 days" (yeah right) Pettitte. Add in that I would absolutely love a childhood favorite Big Mac in my collection!

If you aint cheatin, then you aint tryin

emann
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM
JLastly, I don't need to hear everyone's opinions about foolish spending, false hope, how I should have spent my $$$ on my kids instead, yada-yada-yada...

I wouldn't take the nasty responses to heart Nick.... People and their opinions usually suck (especially online).

Anabolicollege17
07-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Nick I will be the first to sign a petition in regards to Braun personally writing you a check for 20,000$ the extra 5k for pain and suffering of course :)

Seriously though, Braun should see this and contact you. Its one step towards him becoming a decent human being.

Nnunnari
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
+1
My Astros GU jersey collection consists of nothing but Steroid/HGH-heads and I love still love them. Biggio check, Bagwell check, Clemens CHECK, and Mr. "I only did HGH for 2 days" (yeah right) Pettitte. Add in that I would absolutely love a childhood favorite Big Mac in my collection!

If you aint cheatin, then you aint tryin

Thank you for admitting that Biggio and Bags are steroid guys, I know a lot of people are in denial over those two.
Alomar was probably the first guy who used and has been voted in. Gotta let them all in unless you tested positive after testing was implemented.

nevrdiez34
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Thank you for admitting that Biggio and Bags are steroid guys, I know a lot of people are in denial over those two.
Alomar was probably the first guy who used and has been voted in. Gotta let them all in unless you tested positive after testing was implemented.

If former pitcher Tom House is to be believed, I serious doubt Roberto Alomar (if he did use) would've been the first, he claims when he played in the 60's and 70's that players "were doing steroids they wouldn't give to horses" ...http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2005-05-03-steroids-house_x.htm

frikativ54
07-25-2013, 02:17 PM

While I don't have 100 percent hard evidence, if I had to make an educated guess, I would say that both Biggio and Bagwell used. And 80 percent of the guys who played during the steroid era. Ken Caminiti's death means that we will likely never know the answer about the latter.

But just suspicion, along with revelations about Bagwell's personal life, have led to the tanking of my collection's value. That's okay with me, as I am collecting Jeff's stuff for sentimental reasons. For better or worse, he was my childhood idol, and it still means a lot to me to have his game used items. I won't be selling, as I have long since stopped viewing him as a demigod.

I hope the Braun revelations bust the myth that guys have to be hulking to be users. Ryan Braun is not that big. Just because a player looks clean doesn't mean that he isn't getting an advantage. In many ways, the whole PED thing is just a race between the testers and the tested to see who can beat whom.

The other thing I wanted to comment on is Clara. I know it's a hard lesson to learn when one is that young, but most professional athletes are not heroes. Many of these guys are thrust into the limelight when they are in their early twenties. They are human, and they are fallible. Plenty of them make bad decisions, just like many of us do, when we are young. And even later.

I can only guess what it must be like to be in the position of a Ryan Braun. Or any other athlete, for that matter. Cameras are thrust at you, day after day. You are hounded for your signature everywhere. You have no private life. It's probably hard for these guys, who are so revered, to think they are anything but invincible. Or that their good names can be tarnished.

I'm not condoning cheating, but many of us would do the same thing, if it meant millions more for our families and a spot among baseball's immortals. Ryan Braun just got caught.

joelsabi
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Nick, glad you were able to talk to your daughter openly about PED abuse, a tough concept for a seven year old. You and your wife brought up your daughter correctly as she was disappointed in Braun herself based on her response to the reporter's questions. Her looking forward to the Packer collection taking its place just shows her resilience. Glad it worked out. "All in on the Packers!!!"

hfd0035
07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Nick, glad you were able to talk to your daughter openly about PED abuse, a tough concept for a seven year old. You and your wife brought up your daughter correctly as she was disappointed in Braun herself based on her response to the reporter's questions. Her looking forward to the Packer collection taking its place just shows her resilience. Glad it worked out. "All in on the Packers!!!"

I think its safe to assume that the Packers and every other NFL teams players take HGH at breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner.

Safe bet words to a 7 year old, "have fun and just enjoy watching the game".

hfd0035
07-25-2013, 05:07 PM

I have no doubts. My lone year of college ball in 97 opened my eyes to steroids in baseball. I would say 85% of us used. I know it was just college, JuCo at that, but steroids and PEDs trickle down from the top.

Make no mistake, you still have to have unbelievable talent. Just look at the steroid twins Jose and Ozzie Canseco. Ozzie couldn't hit a beachball if you pitched it to him.

I say let them all in. For the most part I believe the playing field was level. Whether it was Clemens pitching to Brady Anderson or Barry Bonds. You still have to see and hit.

Hell, you can get an edge by shopping at GNC. Then and now the players are taking something. PEDs, NO Xplode, Aminos, Pre-Workout drugs, etc. The players are all synthetic

I say enjoy the moments memories, and rarities of your collections. Stop the "dude" worship. They put their pants on just like you and me. Their pants are just more expensive :D

Anabolicollege17
07-25-2013, 08:23 PM
I say enjoy the moments memories, and rarities of your collections. Stop the "dude" worship. They put their pants on just like you and me. Their pants are just more expensive :D

No there pants are just way bigger from tank like Quadriceps. Btw Puig is def a steroid user. I played college ball and I had a close Cuban player friend. He said all of Cuba juices by the age 17 to try to get a fast ticket out of poverty. D.R is the same.

hfd0035
07-25-2013, 10:34 PM
No there pants are just way bigger from tank like Quadriceps. Btw Puig is def a steroid user. I played college ball and I had a close Cuban player friend. He said all of Cuba juices by the age 17 to try to get a fast ticket out of poverty. D.R is the same.

No doubt

MLB~NUT
07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Nick I will be the first to sign a petition in regards to Braun personally writing you a check for 20,000$ the extra 5k for pain and suffering of course :)

Seriously though, Braun should see this and contact you. Its one step towards him becoming a decent human being.

X a million!!!:p

spartanservitto
07-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Nick , don't sweat it. You have a great house and great family. You take care of them and have the hobby that we all here enjoy. Don't let people bring you down.

-Tony

cohibasmoker
07-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Nick , don't sweat it. You have a great house and great family. You take care of them and have the hobby that we all here enjoy. Don't let people bring you down.

-Tony

I think your family was the highlight of the news story - not the collection.

Jim

gingi79
07-26-2013, 10:44 PM

Nick, I think you got fleeced. You backed a guy on a team you support who had great success. He was an MVP. He was an All Star. Not since Robin Yount could you back such a seemingly epic Brewer.

These recent developments contradict the character of the player you collected. If people give you grief, ignore them. How easy it is to chastise a fan of fallen star who last year was our hero.

Nnunnari
07-26-2013, 11:47 PM
I have no doubts. My lone year of college ball in 97 opened my eyes to steroids in baseball. I would say 85% of us used. I know it was just college, JuCo at that, but steroids and PEDs trickle down from the top.

Make no mistake, you still have to have unbelievable talent. Just look at the steroid twins Jose and Ozzie Canseco. Ozzie couldn't hit a beachball if you pitched it to him.

I say let them all in. For the most part I believe the playing field was level. Whether it was Clemens pitching to Brady Anderson or Barry Bonds. You still have to see and hit.

Hell, you can get an edge by shopping at GNC. Then and now the players are taking something. PEDs, NO Xplode, Aminos, Pre-Workout drugs, etc. The players are all synthetic

Yep exactly, I played college ball during the steroid boom ('00-'04), these guys have all, at the minimum, tried it during the offseason.

Longroad4
07-27-2013, 08:28 AM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/BraunGamers_zpsde623121.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/BraunGamers_zpsde623121.jpg.html)

Ahh... Misery loves company!

I too was "all in" on Braun... the weird thing is that he seemed "all in" on Milwaukee. The story is just weird!

Nick you have an awesome collection. You have the crown jewel of all Braun gamers (NLCS game 6) - I wouldn't sell it either.
As for all the comments left - I never understood why people need to comment on what another person buys - it's not like you are sending a portion of the bill to them.

This is my first post on GUU. I have been watching from a far. Just wanted to say I have enjoyed looking at everyone's collections. Great stuff!

happyyoungster
07-27-2013, 01:08 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/BraunGamers_zpsde623121.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/BraunGamers_zpsde623121.jpg.html)

Ahh... Misery loves company!

I too was "all in" on Braun... the weird thing is that he seemed "all in" on Milwaukee. The story is just weird!

Nick you have an awesome collection. You have the crown jewel of all Braun gamers (NLCS game 6) - I wouldn't sell it either.
As for all the comments left - I never understood why people need to comment on what another person buys - it's not like you are sending a portion of the bill to them.

This is my first post on GUU. I have been watching from a far. Just wanted to say I have enjoyed looking at everyone's collections. Great stuff!

Welcome! Very nice collection of gamers.

Anabolicollege17
07-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Yep exactly, I played college ball during the steroid boom ('00-'04), these guys have all, at the minimum, tried it during the offseason.

+1 Hence my username. I was shocked when I entered college how many of my teammates used P.E.D's. They would all be warned when drug tests will be coming so they knew when to get off cycles. They then jump on there Anti Estrogen cycles or PCT's (what Manny got caught using) to bring there testosterone levels down back to normal at a slow pace to avoid side effects.

I remember one of my close friends/teammate and roommate show me his blood test before and after a cycle. His before Test levels were 450 range which is average. Anywhere from 2-800 is normal 8 being on the higher more healthy side. Well his test levels after/ while on his cycle were some what of 3,000 lol. They all do it because they all know its worth it to make millions in the long run. My cousin Reid Gorecki never took a steroid in his life, and just look at his career. Guys are rewarded for cheating. If your not cheating you have no chance against the guys who are. Its really sad, we need change now or our kids will think its okay.

dplettn
07-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Here is literally and figuratively.... one "dirty" ball:

July 28, 2011 Ryan Braun actual career hit #825, double #173, and RBI # 491 in 5th inning off Randy Wells. Brewers won the game 4-2 on the back of Braun’s 3/4 performance & 149th HR. The Braun photo is of his HR swing in the same game.

Even a Reds fan shares in the Braun frustration.

Always interested in Joey Votto items, particularly "hit balls". If you have an item that may be of interest, please e-mail me at plettner at fuse.net. Even if you don't intend to sell, I might be willing to trade you an item you'll covet even more.

hfd0035
07-28-2013, 12:34 AM

Haha you know it! I will say nothing an athlete does will ever surprise me. Baseball players are some of the craziest and messed up people I have ever met. The so called "good guys" are few and far between. And I bet even those "good guys" had some messed up skeletons at one point. I'd rather play with crazy people than a Tebow anyday!

Collect the player because you think hes badass and entertains you.

As for me, my only real player collection is Dustin Pedroia. If I ever find out he uses PEDs, I will laugh and say " hells yeah, what do you expect? Hes 5'8" 160!"

gingi79
08-22-2013, 07:54 PM
His admission with specific apologies and honesty makes me forgive him.

Granted I own none of his stuff and have nothing invested in his future success. Just as a baseball fan, he owned up to his mistakes and I respect that.

MLB~NUT
08-22-2013, 09:40 PM
His admission with specific apologies and honesty makes me forgive him.

Granted I own none of his stuff and have nothing invested in his future success. Just as a baseball fan, he owned up to his mistakes and I respect that.

Meh... Only After he was caught Twice, he gets none of my respect!:cool:

Jags Fan Dan
08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Meh... Only After he was caught Twice, he gets none of my respect!:cool:

Agreed. And it was only a losenge and some cream and it was only to help an injury and blah, blah, blah....

Anabolicollege17
08-23-2013, 01:41 PM
got to love how Braun called the test taker an Anti-Semite and that he was out to get him from the beginning.

I wish just one guy who gets caught would come out and say this.

"I'm sorry to all the fans and most importantly the kids I've let down. I personally took anabolic substances to try to get an edge on other players who aren't using, and stray even with those who are. No one had any influence on my decision to take the substances but myself. I'm human and have made a mistake that I will have to carry on my shoulder for the rest of my life. At this time I ask you please respect my decision to come clean to the world. I'm so sorry for my actions, and I promise never to use ever again. Thank you"

-Your fav player (because most likely they use)

MLB~NUT
08-23-2013, 02:17 PM
got to love how Braun called the test taker an Anti-Semite and that he was out to get him from the beginning.

I wish just one guy who gets caught would come out and say this.

"I'm sorry to all the fans and most importantly the kids I've let down. I personally took anabolic substances to try to get an edge on other players who aren't using, and stray even with those who are. No one had any influence on my decision to take the substances but myself. I'm human and have made a mistake that I will have to carry on my shoulder for the rest of my life. At this time I ask you please respect my decision to come clean to the world. I'm so sorry for my actions, and I promise never to use ever again. Thank you"

-Your fav player (because most likely they use)

Exactly, I don't believe Braun even wrote or possibly saw the apology, as it was sent out through PR! I want to see him sit down with baseball fans, shed some tears, man up to What & Why he felt he needed to use PED's!:cool: He needs to explain in detail why any baseball fan should want to cheer for him, and how Shitty he feels for cheating in the process... Even though none of it will be true, as the last time he Lied through his teeth!;)

xpress34
08-23-2013, 03:02 PM
So he apologized. BFD!

Did he get the tester his job back and pay him for lost wages after throwing him under the bus?

He admitted he used during his MVP season! Did he repay any contract bonus he received for the award and recant himself and offer the award to the true MVP Matt Kemp?

My guess would be that he was probably using as a Rookie too when he won the ROY over Tulo because of his HR totals.... don't forget that he also committed 3x as many errors as Tulo in less than 1/2 as many games....

Anabolicollege17
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
no he didn't but the tester is suing and he will get a boat load of money. Poor man. He deserves every cent.

nevrdiez34
08-24-2013, 08:21 AM
So he apologized. BFD!

Did he get the tester his job back and pay him for lost wages after throwing him under the bus?

He admitted he used during his MVP season! Did he repay any contract bonus he received for the award and recant himself and offer the award to the true MVP Matt Kemp?

My guess would be that he was probably using as a Rookie too when he won the ROY over Tulo because of his HR totals.... don't forget that he also committed 3x as many errors as Tulo in less than 1/2 as many games....

+1 In my opinion he's been using since college, I doubt he's played a "clean game" in a decade and him hiding behind a statement written by a lawyer does nothing for me. If he wants to get back into the public's good graces he should answer questions from the media, not issue a statement, and be honest, if that's even possible for him. In my opinion, anyone that believes he only used in 2011 to get over an injury is a fool. He's taking a page out of Andy Pettitte's playbook. Reportedly Braun's name was also in the Biogenesis' records from 2012 too, so the 2011 injury admission is already debunked.

jbean023
08-24-2013, 01:50 PM
He Didn't Offer Anything Tulo And Kemp Because They Are Using Too Just Haven't Been Caught Yet. Some Of You Are Very Disgruntled Over Peds But Collect Guys That Obviously Take Something.both Tulo And Kemp Were Awesome When They Entered The League And Still Are But Now All The Sudden Injuries Hhhmmm....holliday Hmmm... As Collectors We Need To Realize That When Players Say It's All Over The Game And 70% Of The Locker Rooms Are Taking Something Performance Enhancing That They're Telling The Truth. These Guys Get In Front Of The Camera And Bash Users That Got Caught Then Run To The Locker Room And Take Some Themselves Then Laugh. Take These Guys Off Pedestals, They Are Human Beings. If You Ain't Cheating Then You Ain't Trying As The Ole Saying Goes!!

MLB~NUT
08-24-2013, 09:41 PM
He Didn't Offer Anything Tulo And Kemp Because They Are Using Too Just Haven't Been Caught Yet. Some Of You Are Very Disgruntled Over Peds But Collect Guys That Obviously Take Something.both Tulo And Kemp Were Awesome When They Entered The League And Still Are But Now All The Sudden Injuries Hhhmmm....holliday Hmmm... As Collectors We Need To Realize That When Players Say It's All Over The Game And 70% Of The Locker Rooms Are Taking Something Performance Enhancing That They're Telling The Truth. These Guys Get In Front Of The Camera And Bash Users That Got Caught Then Run To The Locker Room And Take Some Themselves Then Laugh. Take These Guys Off Pedestals, They Are Human Beings. If You Ain't Cheating Then You Ain't Trying As The Ole Saying Goes!!

Bingo, get this man a Cuban Cigar!:p

Anabolicollege17
08-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Lol Todd thats why I have no problem collecting players who use PED. I mean lets be honest the NFL is filled with HGH users and such. I try to collect QB's as most of them have no reason to juice. But for anyone who thinks that these NFL guys aren't sauced up is out of there skull. MLB just happens to be the poster boy of PED because of the money they make.

nevrdiez34
08-25-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't have a problem collecting game used items of PED users either, just as long as you know what you are getting and you pay a fair price. Though I do believe that saying they all use PEDs is a very convient cop out, but is far from factually accurate.

jbean023
08-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't have a problem collecting game used items of PED users either, just as long as you know what you are getting and you pay a fair price. Though I do believe that saying they all use PEDs is a very convient cop out, but is far from factually accurate.

Mike as we know each other fairly well don't take this as disrespect but more of a friendly debate which most sports fans enjoy thoroughly. I myself like to play Devil's Advocate :)

Since were both Cubs fan we will use that as an example, you stated factually accurate. Can you show me the Cubs drug test list from last season, who was tested, and when? Where is your facts that 70% of the Cubs isn't using some sort of PED, right now with technology there are PEDs being developed that are similar to HGH or other steroids that just wont be picked up in a test and none of us have ever heard of. You don't think that these guys have masking agents for most of these items or someone hasn't come up with something. Come on! Baseball, football, and basketball as a whole bring in so much money, you don't think there is some kind of corruption behind closed doors. I like to think of it as thieves, some go their whole life without getting caught and some that get caught the first time, some are just better than others. Also, its what's on the banned list vs other PEDs, there are PEDs that aren't on the banned list but maybe one day will be or haven't been heard of yet.

My favorite example is Greg Maddux, velocity slowed through the years as it should, got fatter through the years as he should, and aged like you see an everyday human with basically no major injuries. Can you give me any FACTS or show me and PROOF that this guy didn't use steroids? No you cant only thing you can tell me is he didn't have a negative drug test. I can drive 100mph hour to your house from mine when you get there and ask was I speeding I say no but where's the proof, you can speculate all you want but when you ask for factual information there isn't really any out there to back up the guys that haven't used.

This is a subject that's never discussed, the guys that have relationships with players and have their memorabilia contract this is just a topic that's not discussed. I'm sure Bergie isn't asking Starlin how many times he's been tested since he entered the Cubs organization or that Damon, on this site, isn't asking Evan the same questions. Its a dark closet subject that you don't hear any players talk about except the loudmouths. For instance, Curt Schilling is very open about not taking steroids and so were some others that go caught. When you're in a car with your buddies the one that swears he didn't fart with the windows up is usually the culprit.

Ken, do you care to chime in on this topic or Chris? I know that you two have been good friends with some athletes. Does the drug testing policy ever come up in conversation? I'm sure they might of gave their thoughts on steroids but what about the actual testing process and how many times they have been tested in their career?

nevrdiez34
08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Mike as we know each other fairly well don't take this as disrespect but more of a friendly debate which most sports fans enjoy thoroughly. I myself like to play Devil's Advocate :)

Since were both Cubs fan we will use that as an example, you stated factually accurate. Can you show me the Cubs drug test list from last season, who was tested, and when? Where is your facts that 70% of the Cubs isn't using some sort of PED, right now with technology there are PEDs being developed that are similar to HGH or other steroids that just wont be picked up in a test and none of us have ever heard of. You don't think that these guys have masking agents for most of these items or someone hasn't come up with something. Come on! Baseball, football, and basketball as a whole bring in so much money, you don't think there is some kind of corruption behind closed doors. I like to think of it as thieves, some go their whole life without getting caught and some that get caught the first time, some are just better than others. Also, its what's on the banned list vs other PEDs, there are PEDs that aren't on the banned list but maybe one day will be or haven't been heard of yet.

My favorite example is Greg Maddux, velocity slowed through the years as it should, got fatter through the years as he should, and aged like you see an everyday human with basically no major injuries. Can you give me any FACTS or show me and PROOF that this guy didn't use steroids? No you cant only thing you can tell me is he didn't have a negative drug test. I can drive 100mph hour to your house from mine when you get there and ask was I speeding I say no but where's the proof, you can speculate all you want but when you ask for factual information there isn't really any out there to back up the guys that haven't used.

This is a subject that's never discussed, the guys that have relationships with players and have their memorabilia contract this is just a topic that's not discussed. I'm sure Bergie isn't asking Starlin how many times he's been tested since he entered the Cubs organization or that Damon, on this site, isn't asking Evan the same questions. Its a dark closet subject that you don't hear any players talk about except the loudmouths. For instance, Curt Schilling is very open about not taking steroids and so were some others that go caught. When you're in a car with your buddies the one that swears he didn't fart with the windows up is usually the culprit.

Ken, do you care to chime in on this topic or Chris? I know that you two have been good friends with some athletes. Does the drug testing policy ever come up in conversation? I'm sure they might of gave their thoughts on steroids but what about the actual testing process and how many times they have been tested in their career?

You're right, I don't have definitive proof that all players aren't using PEDs since the tests all have holes in them and I am fully aware that new PEDs are developed daily. Therefore there can never be proof that anyone isn't using. But you sure don't have any evidence that 100% of players are using either. The answer falls somewhere in between. It's definitely not 0% and it isn't 100% either. Football HGH testing is a mess and basketball's testing poilcy is a joke. Not a single basketball player gets tested during the off season! But if you assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent I hope you're never in a jury or we'll all go to jail!

jbean023
08-25-2013, 07:46 PM
You're right, I don't have definitive proof that all players aren't using PEDs since the tests all have holes in them and I am fully aware that new PEDs are developed daily. Therefore there can never be proof that anyone isn't using. But you sure don't have any evidence that 100% of players are using either. The answer falls somewhere in between. It's definitely not 0% and it isn't 100% either. Football HGH testing is a mess and basketball's testing poilcy is a joke. Not a single basketball player gets tested during the off season! But if you assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent I hope you're never in a jury or we'll all go to jail!

You're right as well and I concur on the other sports topics but honestly the US needs more folks that think in this manner as a whole the US is very naïve. Everyone wants to blame someone else or have an excuse for everything. You go to these countries overseas and steal or get caught with drugs and see what happens there. I work in military intelligence so I see many things and have been steered in a direction of how I view different situations. This could go in an instance as far as cheating on their wives. O Mr. baseball player is active in charities, has a great heart, and such a good person he wouldn't do something like that. Then you ask me and I've seen 50% of the Cubs on a road trip with other women besides their wives heading to the room in arms, I've gotten a photo with a player that scooted us over so a woman could not be seen in the photo. If you are saying Arod is the only Yankee juicing or Braun is the only Brewer then I'm going to think differently. Fans are naïve to sport athletes and hold then on a pedestal and think they do no wrong so when they get caught its a travesty. This is something to where you can prove innocence this isn't getting a witness to say you weren't at this location at the time of a murder. If you want to get down and dirty 4 times a year(random) EVERY player should give a blood sample to be tested and then we will be watching high school state championships on ESPN all year.