Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLB~NUT
    • Feb 2011

Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

After his 2nd known association with PEDs, does this effect how you feel about collection him and the value of your collection?
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

Cant speak on Braun's "you mishandled my test, therefore I am not guilty UNTIL now"... but I know my decent collection of Rodriguez' game used have took a nose-dive.

Maybe one day it will recover, maybe it won't. But I am NOT about to dump my collection, just going to suck it up and move on. Hey, my Jeter's and Rivera's will help out when I decide to let go to cover the lost on Rodriguez's.

Comment

• yankees506
      • Apr 2010

His market may dip but will probably rebound since he will have a ton of playing time in his future to make people "forget". If Braun took this kind of suspension then I'm thinking arod could be looking at an extremely longer suspension if not a lifetime ban. If that happens arods market may hit Sheffield and/or manny lows.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
        Banned
        • May 2013

Yes hes a damn cheat just like every other bumb in MLB. Can't trust anyone except Jeter for a split second.

Add Von Miller to my crap list too now.

Comment

• jbsportstuff
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
          Yes hes a damn cheat just like every other bumb in MLB. Can't trust anyone except Jeter for a split second.

Surely I missed your DWS in the post. Every bumb in the MLB??? Wow...

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
            Banned
            • May 2013

JB do you really trust anyone in baseball to not be cheating??? I mean how many times are we going to go through this with players who we lie to our faces. I've had teamates lie to me about saucing, and than they got tested and caught. So I'm so sick of it

Comment

• akrover
              • May 2010

Originally posted by yankees506
              If Braun took this kind of suspension then I'm thinking arod could be looking at an extremely longer suspension if not a lifetime ban. If that happens arods market may hit Sheffield and/or manny lows.
              Looks like you are probably right.

Originally posted by @WFAN660
              #MLB sources have informed CBS Evening News' @JimAxelrod that Alex Rodriguez could be looking at a lifetime ban.
              For baseball purposes I would think Yankees fans would want a long suspension. A lifetime ban would be gravy, but definitely something running into next year. That would scrub his salary for the 2014 Luxury number & thus allow them to add salary at the trading deadline that isn't just a contract expiring after the season. Or add a Cano & someone else this offseason & still be under 184 mil or whatever the number is.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                • Feb 2011

Afraud, should receive a Lifetime Ban!!! Braun Im not sure this is the 2nd or 3rd time being linked, I know its the 2nd its been Public! If its Brauns 3rd time, he should be Banned as well...

Comment

• vonbrandingo
                  • May 2009

If Arod is slapped with a lifetime ban, I think his GU stuff might actually rise in value from where they're at now. He wouldn't be using any more equipment and he'd be the newest member of that infamous and collectible group with Rose and Joe Jackson.

Comment

• kellsox
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by vonbrandingo
                    If Arod is slapped with a lifetime ban, I think his GU stuff might actually rise in value from where they're at now. He wouldn't be using any more equipment and he'd be the newest member of that infamous and collectible group with Rose and Joe Jackson.

Not a chance his stuff goes up- remember for the all of the years arod played, EVERYTHING he touched went on the market- so there was almost too much of his gear out there. Also, prices of his gu items carried a significant value based on the speculation of him breaking records- which is not going to happen now.
                    Based on the timeframe he admitted to using and now this current fiasco, it's pretty clear that a majority of his career was PED aided.

Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17

Rediculous to trust any player(jeter or anyone else) in this era. Many of those who used didn't get caught. It's quite clear that the players who got busted were the most careless.

Comment

• bd300
                      • Oct 2011

I feel bad for happyyoungster, he had that awesome Braun display with bats and uniforms. Now all that stuff is tainted.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                        Banned
                        • May 2013

Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.

Comment

• onlyalbert
                          • Jan 2011

Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.
                          OJ never cheated.....just killed. There is a difference right?

Comment

• Enyouartist
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kellsox
                            Not a chance his stuff goes up- remember for the all of the years arod played, EVERYTHING he touched went on the market- so there was almost too much of his gear out there. Also, prices of his gu items carried a significant value based on the speculation of him breaking records- which is not going to happen now.
                            Based on the timeframe he admitted to using and now this current fiasco, it's pretty clear that a majority of his career was PED aided.
                            I concur with your sentiments. Most of my friends are Yankee fans, and everyone loathes Arod. I'm embarrassed to show anyone my Arod stuff.

Comment

• happyyoungster
                              • Jan 2008

+1

Comment

Working...