PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Bats Date Code

GoTigers
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know how to read the barrel info on chandler bats? I got one that says under the player name.. F2XXX.1102.1202 33.5/30.5

allstarsplus
07-22-2013, 08:13 PM
December 2011 was the manufacture date of the bat. Don't thank me, thank Chandler Bats for the deciphering of the code and the quick response.

GoTigers
07-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks Andrew! I was going to shoot off an email in the morning, but figured I'd see if anyone here knew how to read it first. I can't believe they got back to you so quick, and after hours! Thanks again

allstarsplus
07-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks Andrew! I was going to shoot off an email in the morning, but figured I'd see if anyone here knew how to read it first. I can't believe they got back to you so quick, and after hours! Thanks again

I will tell you how great Chandler Bats has been. I run baseball camps for kids during the summers and we always look to add corporate sponsors.

When I called Chandler bats on Friday about sponsorships they wanted to contribute a dozen wood bats for our camp this week and will be driving down the bats from Philadelphia to Washington DC tomorrow morning so we have them in time to get autographed from some of the Washington Nationals players attending our camps on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'm blown away by that type of philanthropy. When I told the kids that David Chandler the founder of Chandler Bats was coming to camp tomorrow and that he made Bryce Harper's HR Derby bats the kids cheered!

onlyalbert
07-22-2013, 08:44 PM
December 2011 was the manufacture date of the bat. Don't thank me, thank Chandler Bats for the deciphering of the code and the quick response.

Andrew, can you break down each set of codes for me/us? I have two I am trying to decipher. Thanks.

onlyalbert
07-22-2013, 08:50 PM
I'll just make it easy...maybe. Here is what I am trying to decipher.

L5B.0410.0410.13 Oscar Taveras

H2A.0419.0420.12 Kolten Wong

Thanks in advance for any help.

allstarsplus
07-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Just got back home. I will forward to David Chandler for his answer.

godwulf
07-23-2013, 11:39 AM
I took a Chandler bat that Diamondbacks prospect Phildrick Llewellyn used in ST out to an Arizona League game last night, for him to sign, and he was incredibly jazzed to see it again - told me that it was the sample he'd been sent, that he'd been really sad when he'd cracked it in a game, and that his agency was not doing business with Chandler any longer, so he didn't expect to be getting any more. Even though this bat had a long handle crack, Phil said that these bats are so strong that he could probablly tape it up and keep using it if he had to. I'll be interested in seeing the dating info, too, as this bat seems to have two complete dates on it, both in August 2012, about two weeks apart.

allstarsplus
07-23-2013, 03:43 PM

Oscar Taveras' bat is from his opening season order from this year. Should be model OT19 (proprietary E100 model designed over the winter when he played in the DR). Fuller head with a 243 handle, tightened transition). NY log.

Wong's should be the KW14 custom cut 353 head on a modified 331 handle, thinned. Opening season order as well. PA log.

David Chandler

allstarsplus
07-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I took a Chandler bat that Diamondbacks prospect Phildrick Llewellyn used in ST out to an Arizona League game last night, for him to sign, and he was incredibly jazzed to see it again - told me that it was the sample he'd been sent, that he'd been really sad when he'd cracked it in a game, and that his agency was not doing business with Chandler any longer, so he didn't expect to be getting any more. Even though this bat had a long handle crack, Phil said that these bats are so strong that he could probablly tape it up and keep using it if he had to. I'll be interested in seeing the dating info, too, as this bat seems to have two complete dates on it, both in August 2012, about two weeks apart.

Isn't it incredible when an agent makes a decision on a bat company or other equipment such as cleats and batting gloves, etc for their client based on what is usually a marketing deal and not what's best for the player.

joelsabi
07-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Model ModelNumber TypeofWood
PlayerName
???.startingmonthdateofproduction.endingmonthdateo fproduction.yearofproduction inches/ounces

So the Tavaras is manufacture in April 2013 and your Wong in April 2012
If there is no final(fourth) segment, like GoTigers bat, then its 2011 which is the first year of Chandler.

Not sure what the first segment is. Maybe it's a customization/modification code of a Bat Model that is entered into their computerized bat lathe machine. Not really sure. 'L5B' seems to the popular code for this first segment.

I attached a photo of a bunch of Ibanez 1497 models. The bats all look the same to me. I notice the WKA and WKB for the first segment of the code for the first two bats in the front of the photo if someone want to take guess as to what the code means.

That's amazing customer service by the owner of Chandler Bats, btw as noted from Andrew's correspondance with him.

allstarsplus
07-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Joel, great customer service but his philanthropy was amazing. David Chandler drove 2 1/2 hours from his home near Philly and down to our Camp near Washington DC and brought a dozen specialty youth wood bats for the kids to use.

He also brought some bats for the college players who are our camp counselors and he also brought a protoype Manhatten II which is very similar to the bat that Bryce Harper is now using. A 34" 33.5 ounces. I had to take it into the batting cages to use.

It had a thinner handle then I am used to but it was the nicest wood bat I have ever swung. I hit a few off the end of the bat and had no negative vibration.

We should have some videos uploaded soon.

onlyalbert
07-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Oscar Taveras' bat is from his opening season order from this year. Should be model OT19 (proprietary E100 model designed over the winter when he played in the DR). Fuller head with a 243 handle, tightened transition). NY log.

Wong's should be the KW14 custom cut 353 head on a modified 331 handle, thinned. Opening season order as well. PA log.

David Chandler

Thanks to everyone for their help on this puzzle. So these bats are not spring training bats then I guess? I know Taveras swung this same style in ST, and it was his signature model, but I guess they could've been left from the winter league. And Wong's would be a minor league bat then.