PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Cardinals jersey questions/info needed

jwal23
07-23-2013, 12:53 PM
So I've decided that my next HUGE purchase that I'm going to go after is an Albert Pujols Game Used jersey from his St. Louis days...Now I'm going to have to work a while to be able to save up for it but it's something I've always wanted. My questions include:

First off, how much does an authentic game used pujols gamer from his cardinals days go for? I'd prefer a home white jersey but would also be very happy if I had to go with a grey road

I've never seen alot of them on the market so does anyone have leads on where to find one? you can either reply here, PM me, or email me at txacerj23@aol.com

how many people here on GUU have extensive knowledge that would be able to help me verify that I'm getting the real deal...again I'm going to have to save up for a while so I want to really make sure I'm not getting screwed over...

thanks for the time reading and hopefully in the future for the help, keeping my fingers crossed I can find something in the future

Birdbats
07-23-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd be happy to help. Just keep a few things in mind. Albert kept most of his Cardinals jerseys. His agent also sold some to card companies to be cut up. Most of the legit ones in the market either are from spring training or special events, like jersey-off-the-back games or TBTC games. About 98% of the Pujols jerseys I see are fake; he has one of the most faked jerseys out there. His 2001 home and 2002 road shirts seem to be the ones faked most. There's very low supply and high demand, so if you find one, it won't be cheap. I know I'm not painting the most optimistic picture -- and that's on purpose. You need to be very careful with Pujols jerseys.