PDA

View Full Version : FS: game worn 1980 St. Louis Cardinals Jersey

aallanson
07-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Good afternoon.

For sale, I have a 1980 St. Louis Cardinals baseball jersey.

I posted a question about this jersey in the game used discussion section of the forum. If you haven't read it, please do prior to purchasing this jersey/making an offer.

To recap: about a year ago, I bought this jersey from an ebay seller as a 1981 game worn Garry Templeton jersey. He disclosed prior to selling it to me that the jersey had undergone a number change and that it used to belong to Mike Phillips during the 1980 season. You can see the outline of the number five being changed to #1 on the back, and the outline where the #5's were removed from the sleeves. The Cardinals did not wear numbers on the sleeves in 1981 (when Templeton is said to have worn it). Also on the back of the jersey, you can see the outline where the letters spelling Phillips were removed. The guy I bought it from claims that the cardinals recycled the jersey for Templeton to use in 1981. The tag in the tail reads 1980 set 1. Because I cannot verify the seller's claim, I am selling it simply as a game worn 1980 St. Louis Cardinals baseball jersey, name and number changed from #5 Phillips to #1 Templeton.

It is a great jersey and would make a great item to display in a Cardinals' fan's "man-cave." I am asking $100 (including shipping) or best offer (i am very reasonable). PM me if you are interested. Pictures (too large to post as they were taken with my iphone) can be seen here: http://imageevent.com/thebeautifulgame/gamewornjerseyquestion

STLCardinalscollector
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Tried to PM but it wouldn't allow me to. I'm interested in your jersey.
Thanks, David

dcardfan@aol.com

aallanson
07-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Tried to PM but it wouldn't allow me to. I'm interested in your jersey.
Thanks, David

dcardfan@aol.com

Email sent. Will fix the PM thing too.

Thanks for the heads-up. Alan

aallanson
07-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Sold, pending payment.