PDA

View Full Version : Football schutt helmet question regarding color

MaicoSays
07-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi all!

I noticed there are a few people on these forums that actually create replica helmets of certain players.

I'm attempting to make a Dez Bryant helmet so that I can have him sign one day. I found a vendor that sells Schutt AiR Advantage which is the helmet Dez wears on the field. I was told from someone that the factory painted Dallas Blue color is NOT the right color of the Dallas Cowboys silver and that the factory painted Dallas Blue was "too much blue". He said that I would need to let him paint it the right color.

Can anyone confirm that the Schutt painted Dallas Blue is in fact the right color and or the wrong color that the actual Dallas Cowboys use?

Thanks in advance

Steelers25
07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
What I was told by a Schutt employee when I was trying to get a Giants helmet painted is, Riddell is the only helmet company that can sell "authentic" helmets with the correct paint color. Schutt can give you a very close color but it won't be the exact paint code used by the team (special color, not your regular gloss black). Schutt will only do the correct color specifically for the team. I always use yourhelmetyourway.com to have mine painted, they have the correct codes and only charge $20-$25 to re-paint your helmet. Let me know if you need help with anything, I love doin custom helmets. I'm workin on a Ryan Clark Riddell Speed right now complete with kevlar inserts. Hope this helped you out a little.
Rob
woodley.56@hotmail.com

MaicoSays
07-30-2013, 10:27 AM
That's great! Thank you for the info!

jayt1234
07-31-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a number of Cowboys game used helmets and also enjoy doing replicas as well and the diffrence between the silver Schutt sells as a standard color and the Cowboys blue is minimal. If I can I will post a photo later on.

Jay

MaicoSays
08-01-2013, 11:20 PM
I have a number of Cowboys game used helmets and also enjoy doing replicas as well and the diffrence between the silver Schutt sells as a standard color and the Cowboys blue is minimal. If I can I will post a photo later on.

Jay

Jay, that would be awesome if you had a replica next to a game used to compare and contrast the differences in the Schutt painted silver vs actual game used.

If you can't post it, you can always send an email to me at mikefau@yahoo.com as I'd like to see your collection.

Thanks!

sherrymark728
08-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks for such a wonderful discussion regarding Football schutt helmet..Liked it :D