PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Patch to NFL Jersey

Dewey2007
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I know collectors are mixed about restoring patches back onto jerseys but I am possibly interested in having a 50th Anniversary team patch added back onto a jersey I recently picked up since it's also missing the nameplate. I don't plan on selling the jersey and I would definitely disclose it to a potential buyer if I did.

For those of you who have had this done in the past how have you had the patch restored? Have you taken it to a local tailor/seamstress, sent it off to someone to have it done, or sewn it back on yourself if you or your partner have the skills.

Also have you just had the patch sewn on as is or did you break the patch in by washing it beforehand?

Thanks,
Dewey

Phil316
08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I know collectors are mixed about restoring patches back onto jerseys but I am possibly interested in having a 50th Anniversary team patch added back onto a jersey I recently picked up since it's also missing the nameplate. I don't plan on selling the jersey and I would definitely disclose it to a potential buyer if I did.

For those of you who have had this done in the past how have you had the patch restored? Have you taken it to a local tailor/seamstress, sent it off to someone to have it done, or sewn it back on yourself if you or your partner have the skills.

Also have you just had the patch sewn on as is or did you break the patch in by washing it beforehand?

Thanks,
Dewey

What # pats jersey did you get ? Home or away ?

I have never restored a patch before as I always thought it would decrease the value UNLESS when you did sell it, it was disclosed to the buyer.

Anabolicollege17
08-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Do what you like man. Don't worry about what others think of what you do to your jersey. Restoring a patch to make it accurate for a frame is always a no brainer. Just be sure to add if you sell it (if your an honest person) that you added the patch, that was once stripped. It can make buyers more interested in it because it has the patch, and you were honest. You lie you fry in the business/ hobby.